How to Build Aircraft Dioramas

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2018 at 11:08 AM, K2Pete said:

John ... I hope you realize that rather than create a new post for every phrase and then another for every image, you can put them all on one posting. It makes it that much easier for you  ... and reads a lot better for we viewers. You can post at least 10 images per posting ... and it may be a lot more than that!

Having said that ... your build is ... spek-TAK-yoo-lar-r-r!  :thumbsup:

Thanx for posting 'em!

Pete

(near Niagara Falls)

Albatros getting wiped down after a test run.

I wish that I could do that but because of my large size pics Imgur allows for only one at a time.I only found out today that in order to put the text in a pic that you must post the pic from Imgur with the text already in it.Otherwise, it can't be edited.

Edited by JohnReid

I am presently uploading a bunch of pics to my imgur albums of the 1:16th Model Airways kit that I modified extensively for use in my diorama "Keepers of the Flame 1919-1929".It is now an airshow airplane going to Hollywood for the movies.

Click on pics for huge images that show all my mistakes.

Edited by JohnReid
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The shed is mostly planked but it is still off center to the base which I will fix tomorrow. The base is one solid piece of walnut that I have had just laying around the shop but it is very heavy and will require that it be removable. In other words, the base and diorama will be in two separate pieces.

• 4 weeks later...

I took a brief time out for doing a little model photography before winter sets in here in the GWN. I have taken the front hangar wall off for easy access in order to build a jig. The jig is a simple frame with the correct separation between the wings for rigging purposes.

• 1 month later...