Halifax Its bomber night

Hi

More British bombers

Some progress on mine. Wiring up starboard side next. With the bulkhead being attached to the floor anything that crosses it will have to be made now and inserted once the halves are together. This includes the handrail, heater ducting and the wiring bundle. I have cheated by putting a junction box just behind the bulkhead to make the wiring run shorter. Wiring will be from rolled miliput, shaped placed and allowed to set then removed for placement later. Still soooooooo much to do.

lex1.jpg

Cheers

Phil

Edited by Halibag-Phil
I have cheated by putting a junction box just behind the bulkhead to make the wiring run shorter.

<sarcasm on> Yeah Phil, you really slacked off and took the easy way out on this build! <sarcasm off>

Fantastic looking job! You must have the patience of Job!

Terrific stuff Phil. ;)

When it comes to the wings and such, will you be scratchbuilding the engines too? If you are not, I could always donate some Hercules radials to the cause......

:cheers:

Hi Neil

Was going to use some converted Tamiya Beaufighter engines but apparently they are different. Should get on to the wings etc some time in 2010 :thumbsup:

Set of yours may be very usefull. How do you find the time for master making, casting and galavanting arround Jaguar bases?

Should be able to get the starboard side wired up this weekend

Patience of job no, memory of a goldfish yes

Cheers

Phil

memory of a goldfish yes

swim... swim...swim...swim...HEY A CASTLE, COOL!...swim... swim...swim...swim...HEY A CASTLE, COOL!...swim... swim...swim...swim...HEY A CASTLE, COOL!...swim... swim...swim...swim...HEY A CASTLE, COOL!...swim... swim...swim...swim...HEY A CASTLE, COOL!...swim... swim...swim...swim...HEY A CASTLE, COOL!...swim... swim...swim...swim...HEY A CASTLE, COOL!...

:thumbsup:

Hi

results of 6 hours work from previous pics. Much throwing of tools to the floor and soooooooooo much swearing. Why do inanimate objects hate me. :wave: I HATE WIRING it looks great when done but its a pain in the AR*E as once you have started its hard to know when to stop. Hope to have this side done by tomorrow but for now a pint of windowlene and a piece of Mrs Doyles cocaine and raisin cake are in order. :)

P7300076.jpg

Cheers

Phil

Edited by Halibag-Phil

Hello Phil,

I follow your amazing level of work from the beginning on that Halibag project . :wave: B)

But why did You waste time on location pins that would make sense for plastic injection copies (WOOOO, what a nice dream !!! ) but here... :cheers: ?

And do You really want to close it after so much hard work everywhere inside ?! B)

Hi

Location pins. As the two halves have probably been together and appart hundreds of times this was the only method of registering them. Fairly easy to do and sure helped when trying to fix all the internal features. Was going to be a resin kit but bottled out at an early stage.

Here are the last pics this weekend with the wiring done on this side at least. :) :cheers::cheers: ;)

Few more little bits to go in like a light, fire extinguisher, curtains, bomb computer? a box anyhow. lewis gun ammo, folding seat. Dam thought I was nearly done in this half.

t1.jpg

Cheers

Phil

Edited by Halibag-Phil
How do you find the time for master making, casting and galavanting arround Jaguar bases?

Ah.......just like the old days again, huh? :D

Let me know if you do want some engines when you get round to it... :thumbsup:

B)

Cheers Neil sent you mail.

Zepplin, boy those boys were cool. As Father Dougal would say

" Ah Ted to be in Led Zepplin, and to have my own plane, full of groupies, and to be Robert plant, I'm sorry I couldn't wish for any more Ted.

So if I offered you this cup

" Ahh Ted i'm in Led Zepplin,I'm Robert Plant and I've got that cup, how good can it get.

If you have not seen father Ted ( maybe even if you have)you will have no Idea what I am on about.

To end a picture of Father Maguire fresh from his aquittal at the Dun Cleiry massacre trial

Cheers

Phil

Edited by Halibag-Phil
<sarcasm on> Yeah Phil, you really slacked off and took the easy way out on this build! <sarcasm off>

My latest t-shirt:

sarcasm.jpg

190.jpg

Nice work Phil. Thanks for showing the color demarcation line, where'd you find the info on that?

Cheers,

Cheers Neil,

Hello keeper.

Info here

http://photobucket.com/albums/y149/Halibag...ference%20pics/

Have much more printed from web. If you have any postable pics of british bomber interiors send them my way and I will stick them up on a similar site. All model pics in the other album. The yorkshire air museum example should be viewed with caution as in parts it is more a replica. Still amazing effort though and may have been re-detailed since. Distinct lack of interior pics of it completed. The Canadian restoration is the real deal and one of the most important and major restorations I can remember. This is however a late war airbourne forces variant and not a bomber. Was amused to see they had used black and white checkered linoleum on the rear floor, surely not, but in a period picture of a preston green ventral turret this is clearly seen to be correct. Will be laying the floor from individually cut out pieces of decal paper soon as the toilet paper holder and ashtrays have been installed :blink: :blink:

Anyone got any FM progress shots??

Cheers

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

this weekends work. Flight Engineers platform and heater pipes. Got some very nice resin engines and cowls of a very very very nice man. Cheers Neil. I will let you off attending mass for six weeks :soapbox: . Here's a bunch of pics.

Cheers

Phil

All model pics here

http://photobucket.com/albums/y149/HalibagPhil/

Reference pics

http://photobucket.com/albums/y149/Halibag...ference%20pics/

iuyyuiuyu.jpg

Edited by Halibag-Phil
Cheers Neil sent you mail.

Zepplin, boy those boys were cool. As Father Dougal would say

" Ah Ted to be in Led Zepplin, and to have my own plane, full of groupies, and to be Robert plant, I'm sorry I couldn't wish for any more Ted.

So if I offered you this cup

" Ahh Ted i'm in Led Zepplin,I'm Robert Plant and I've got that cup, how good can it get.

If you have not seen father Ted ( maybe even if you have)you will have no Idea what I am on about.

To end a picture of Father Maguire fresh from his aquittal at the Dun Cleiry massacre trial

:woo:

Cheers

Phil

father ted...I rate it as high as fawlty towers for brilliant comedy writing :wave: