Halifax Its bomber night

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

A Festive Halifax ********* fest here. Came very near to glueing the floor insert in but got scared and had a cup of tea instead. Its taken ages to work out how to do all the bits that cross the main bulkhead. Still to go in,

Bombsight

Bomb aimers seat

various bracing bars

Instrument panel etc etc etc etc.

Cheers

Phil

smaller1a.jpg

smaller.jpg

7b.jpg

6b.jpg

5b.jpg

resized.jpg

Hi Phil,

Your work is nothing short of spectacular.....I have all my goodies packed for our cross country move tomorrow and wish I could sit and do a bit of modelling aftrer seeing your work. It's inspirational... :)

Looking forward to seeing more Phil...have a great day.

Dan

PS It's almost a pity that you'll have to close that fuselage some day.....

Interior looks stunning Phil, top stuff. <_<

By the way, thanks for the CD, arrived in the post this morning....unexpected Xmas pressie :P (Not stuck it in the player yet though !).

If you ever need any other bits and pieces or odds and ends let me know.

:banana:

:)

Hi

Cheers

all

Neil

There is some rather shall we say "esoteric" stuff on there but the Russian Army band doing the Smiths cover has me rolling about giggling every time.

Good luck on the move Heroncreek ,so close to crimbo.

Mike

Wings well maybe one day not sure weather to vac or cast. Probably vac as I cannot get a strong spar through and keeping the weight dowm may help.

I seem to be finding reasons to put off the fatefull day but rest assured an all star cast will be assembled for the closing ceremony. Maybe this is the reason that I cannot get on. Always being interupted by the idiots I have to share this parish with.

Thanks

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Phil, no offence but I think your nuts to close that up. I think it is safe to say there is no better example of a Halibag interior modeled anywhere in the world today.

Mount both sides to clear arcylic or something and make a spliting Halifax? or use brass locating pins on one side that fit into brass tubes on the other so it can be pulled apart?. You could make this into a Diorama as two Halibags siting in a hanger side by side by making the outer hanger walls out of clear arcylic and mounting both sides to the arcylic? The sides of the aircraft facing each other could be complete yet look from either side of the hanger throught the arcylic and see the interior detail?

The the job you've done on this interior is what sets this appart and into a museum quality job!!

As for wings, have you thought about using the FM kit as a doner? the wings and engines on this kit are pretty good.

It's absolutely GREAT, and I can imagine it's hard to close it all up, but I would think some of the interior would be visible through the various windows and such. I'd imagine that for anyone who looks at it, keep a Maglite handy so they can shine it inside and inspect your workmanship! :banana:

I do think there might be some great validity in making it able to display as a cutaway of sorts, but I would be so torn by all the choices, as nothing seems to give me everything I would want in such a situation. I love looking at the airplane, complete, bt all that detail seems it would be lost to the observer who didn't know to look inside.

Hi

First off thanks all

Stall: its 1/144

Only joking its 1/48

Ron: "Phil, no offence but I think your nuts" you got that right enough. It is going to be closed up and the day draws near. That's what cameras and photobucket is for. I have spent many hours just looking at it and trying to keep drool off it.

"FM wings" now calm down there's no need for talk like that :lol:

I have used no parts from kits only 4 or five bits of etch from a Beaufighter set. There are many thousands of parts already with the spar alone having around a hundred. That's part I suppose of the challenge. Any how on to business

A Spar is Born :cheers:

Well it made me laugh anyway

Three pics of the now completed main spar with emergency hydraulic pumps attached

dae152de.jpg

P1010024.jpg

P1010027.jpg

Not much left to go in now just the odd bracing strut, navigators pencil etc

Oh Neil I will know if you have listened to the CD if your Bronco comes out half black covered with pentagrams and the other half psychedelic. :trolls: :lol:

Anyhow must go now and get my electric shock therapy.

Cheers

Phil

Edited by Halibag-Phil

Man... I'm wrestling with a Tamiya 1/50 Pete and *just* keeping my head above water (contemplating stamp collecting instead of model building), and you make your work look so good. Please tell me your Halifax is driving you almost as insane as my little nightmare - 'cause the Tamiya kit is no showpiece to start with, but I have goobered a number of things on my project and had to go back and fix them - I have GOT to say that by SHEER VOLUME of stuff you've done, you've probably filled a small box with "dammit" parts. Unless you're actually as good as it looks like you are! :)

And you CAN answer wth something like, "Well, YES, as a matter of fact, I AM that good!" I'd believe it. Your work is simply amazing! I wish I were you, man! :)

Edited by ReiShikiSenGuy

Hi

The day has come for the closing ceremony. George introduced me to a new drink, napalm I think he called it. Smooth but with a kick. Here's a pic of a few of those who turned up. Charging my camera batteries for last internal shots and then I think an exotic cigarette before taking the plunge and sticking the halves together :thumbsup:

Cheers

Phil

Oh ReiShikiSenGuy I have no scrap box but it has taken 3 years up to now :D

IMG_2626_father_teds_housecopy.jpg

Hi Phil that's absolutely outstanding mate and that is some crowd for the closing ceremony :D I have my big Lanc back out of hibernation so even if it turns out anywhere near the Halibag I will be a very happy chappie :lol: . So what's next on the build process, I will be watching with interest :woo:

Cheers

Graham.

Wow, Phil, for ME, anyway, the local hobby retailer would have to keep a good stock of styrene strips and such, and I'd be buying so much from him (because I'd be using one part of my supply of styrene for interior parts to NINE parts to fill my "dammit" box) that he'd probably give me his pager number so that if I ever wanted any stuff, he'd gladly come and open his shop for me.

Alas, I have been building smaller stuff, so the shopkeepers barely know who I am. I think they'd rather sell me a bunch of resin and PE sets, but nobody makes resin and PE for much of what I've been doing lately, and the local shops normally don't carry what I need.

Well, I've been admiring your work, and I now admire your fortitude when closing up that beautiful fuselage! It takes a lot of strength to let go and to close it up - you're an inspiration!

Thanks again for the inspiration. Thanks for taking all those pictures and giving access to your documentation. Those out there willing to build a Halifax, FM or not, do see a light out in the night...

A light, sir? you must be joking! It's a nuclear explosion of talent!!!!!

Good grief, you're gonna close it after all! No, I don't believe it! With the brass tubing inserts and your workmanship I am sure you planned a way to be able to dismantle it...

Thanks again and a Happy New Year.

Jean Rondia