Revell 1/48 F-15E Strike Eagle

Just began this kit this afternoon. I have nearly finished the cockpit, it took about five hours. I still need to detail the Ejection handles and bays just behind the heads of the seats. This kit will be completely OOB. Tell me what you think, please!!!

Tiger

Doin' a fine job there Tiger. ;)

If you can, check out lots of reference photos of the aircraft you're building. That way you can get a better idea for colours and stuff. :cheers:

Most of the seat cushions I've seen seem to be more of a khaki geen shade. :blink:

Keep up the good work :wave:

:blink:

Yeah, some of the colors are off. I was looking at the reference pics in a book I have, one shows faded gray (nylon?) seat covers. One shows a tan one for the front seat and a gray one for the rear. I am not sure if one is any more correct than the other.

The MFDs look a bit darker than they do in the pic though I was planning on going over them with a mix of Tamiya Clear Green and a touch of black. Otherwise I think it matches the photos fairly well.

I am going out of town today and tommorrow but I will keep the pics comming once I make more progress.

Also, I have finished my 1/72 Hasegawa Viper and will submit that for the gallery soon.

Thanks,

Tiger

Quick question guys. Some F-15E's are in an upgrade program to get new LCD displays to replace their old CRTs (already comming in the new F-15K's). I wonder if these new LCDs are just plain black, like most LCDs I have seen?

I can't seem to find that new of a photo.

Tiger

I have completed the joining of the wings, intakes, and CFTs to the body. Not exactly a "perfect kit", mine needed some putty at the CFT joints near the intakes. Otherwise it is the best fitting kit I have built! I have also painted the entire sides and uderside. I will have pics in a few days.

Sorry I can't load the pics right now but I am in the middle of moving. Packing all my kits and supplies is hell, of course. Hopefully I will come out without too much damage! :)

But soon it will all be in place and college classes don't start for 10 days so I will build, hang out, and party till then :D ;)

I'll be back this weekend, with many pics

Tiger

Edited by Tiger