1/48 Monogram F-4J VMFA-451

OK I will hold him down, well I will try. Someone has got to put a stop to this guy, hes making us all look bad!! :lol:

Most excellent Phantom, Cyrus, CONGRATS again!! It was good seeing you again and I am already looking forward to KC next year, then OC, in 07!!! So when are you going to Start on that Monogram F-111 :lol: .

SWEET MODEL!!

Jack aka BUGFAN

Believe it or not, it looks even more awesome in person!

Kelly's right - it really does better in person. Photos don't do this model justice - it has to be seen to be believed. Of course, I could say the same thing about your U-boat, Kelly - and didn't you have an S-3 Viking on the table as well?

I'm definitely thinking of bringing a model next year. I don't even care if it wins anything - it'll be an honor to have it on the table with the work of you guys.

Believe it or not, it looks even more awesome in person!

Kelly's right - it really does better in person. Photos don't do this model justice - it has to be seen to be believed.

I couldn't agree more :D

That won OOB at Nats correct? Do OOB rules allow rescribing? I have no idea myself.

It's amazing what you did with the kit, absolutly amazing. A "how you did it" article would be great.

Thanks for posting.

Cheers

Yep - more from me.

That is a beautiful job on that Monogram kit. It really was a pleasure to see in person, and I was serious when I told you - VERY INSPIRATIONAL! I certainly hope to build my models to look so nice.

Oh and you're a nice guy to boot!

I can't wait to see what you put out next - that's some great modeling.

:wacko:

--Frank

Thanx guys!

Kelly & Steve - I agree that the pics don't do the model justice, but its the next best thing to seeing it in person. ;) Btw, how did your entries do Kelly? They were well done nonetheless!

It was good seeing you again and I am already looking forward to KC next year, then OC, in 07!!! So when are you going to Start on that Monogram F-111 
It was good to see ya again too Jack! :worship: I live in OC so I'll be here in '07. :P F-111 you say? That's a model I don't have my friend, but I have a couple of Academy kits. Does that count?
You bringing it to any of the LA area contests for us to see,

Hey Rodney! Yeah...I plan on taking it to a couple of the local shows. That's if they allow me to enter a NATS winner? You know how that goes...

All of your rivet detail, is that done with a pounce wheel?? If it is, do you know the brand name and where can a guy get one??? Also, what do you use when you scribe your panel lines?
Colin K - Yes, I used a pounce wheel to layout the rivet detail then I actually drilled each rivet with a #80 drill bit. The pounce wheels didn't have a brand name, but I got mine from MicroMark. They come in 3 different sizes. For scribing, I use a Tri-tool and a pinvise.
That won OOB at Nats correct? Do OOB rules allow rescribing? I have no idea myself.
No, it won 1st place in the regular category. OOB rules DO NOT allow scribed models. It falls under the "cutting" clause if I'm not mistaken? Only aftermarket decals and maybe seat belts made from masking tape are the extent to OOB rules.

Thanx again guys! :wacko: