Trumpeter 1/32 A10 (Big Update, 56k beware)

Hello, I don't know if you guys saw my previous postings but this is my 1/32 A10. I'm 16 and this is my first model I've posted onto the internet. I'm really quite proud of it so hence all the pics, I really wanted you guys to see it. It's not totally finished, I've yet to do the canopy mechanism but it's all detailed. I've also got the ladder to install and I might buy a new ECM pod.

This project has taken me since September last year. It's the first time I've used resin (CE cockpit and Gun nozzle) and I also bought Squadrons vac formed canopy aswell as detailing parts with my own styrene.

Well, enough talk..

p80400407yf.jpg

p80400378tt.jpg

First attempt at weathing, chalk sludge wash. Aswell as pastel dust on certain parts.

p80400360mf.jpg

Chipped paint and decal at the front. This is from reference pics which show the front of A10's can be pretty beat up by the refueling probe.

p80400459pk.jpg

My first attempt at detailing undercarriage. The blue wires aren't that bright in real life.

p80400251as.jpg

The other side. I weathered the wheels with chalk and thinned paint, I like the turnout.

p80400520nw.jpg

Front wheel. Scratched the cylinder bit on the front because I melted the kit one when stripping paint of it :cheers: Lots of wire and foil behind the lights.

p80400495xp.jpg

Front portion. Subtely weathered panel lines. I scratch built the interior of the pave penny pod (Another first) You can see the squadron windshield (Very good)

p80400501pn.jpg

Weathered the back of the cockpit with chalk dust. I'm really happy with the results as they look very much like the pics I have of this area. I'm also proud of the cockpit painting. Here is the left console. No Boom seat.

p80400551tr.jpg

Right console...only a couple more pics to go...stay with me :cheers:

p80400517yk.jpg

Boom seat. Impressed with results of a chalkpastel wash. Best seat I've ever done :cheers:

p80400562yj.jpg

Ejection seat in place. You get an idea of what the whole cockpit looks like. Hope you like it.

p80400588gj.jpg

The instrument panel. Took a lot of time looking at reference photos. An evening of painting. HUD is also a first, using clear acetate for the glass. I thicked the front windshield with styrene (yes....another first) and it looks much better.

p80400608vn.jpg

Over view.

I'll post more pics of the completed model and perhaps a little update on the canopy. Sorry about the size of the post, I just wanted to show you my hard work. As for the kit, I don't build many (because of the time it takes me) but this was okay, a bit of filler here and there but it was enjoyable and I'd definatly do another (which exterior update set)

Cheers for looking

P.S I'd like to say a big thanks to jcunny (Jarrod Cunningham), Erik Swansberg (sp?) Both of these members helped me out by giving me spares for free...thanks a bunch guys. Also other members like Ken Middleton, jmel and Den Juve for inspiring me to carry on.

All comments welcome

Edited by PapaSmurf630

Thanks for the comments guys. I painted her with Tamiya Spray cans (yet another first) and I've decided to close up both engine doors.All I have to do now is paint the canopy lever and glue it all together. I'll keep you all posted.