MiG-28 tail symbol decals?

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get a couple of decals for the red star in the yellow ring (large version) seen on the tails of the MiG-28's in Top Gun? I'm planning to make one of these aircraft in 1/48th scale (the single-seat version, not the two-seater), and need the decals for these markings, but am unable to make them myself. Any help anyone could provide in hooking me up with these markings would be greatly appreciated. While we're on the subject, what color(s) were the Sidewinders the MiGs were carrying? Were they all white, or did they have dark seeker heads?

Edited by Chris_Teet
Hmmmm I don't think the old TG kit was available in 48, just 72nd. I do have extra MiG-28 decals, but only in 72nd, sowy.

Darn. Maybe someone could make some from scratch? If so, I'd be willing to discuss a trade for them.

Just an idea. Have you thought of using a Soviet style red star & then combining it with a WW2 RAF insignia with the Yellow ring (like the one on the fuselage of this Lancaster)?

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal2...er_Oudin/13.jpg

I believe some WW2 kits' decal sheets come with the Yellow ring seperate from the standard RAF blue, white & red insignia. You could ask on the model trading forum to see if anyone has spares.

HTH

:cheers: