"Detroit Miss" P-51D Kill markings

I completed the 1/48 Monogram P-51D Mustang in the kit-supplied markings of "Detroit Miss" some years back and, for some reason, was not able to find the kill markings on the decal sheet that go on the port side of the canopy frame.

Does anyone have a spare of this decal that I could obtain? I'd greatly appreciate it.

:thumbsup:

its because they never gave you the kill markings....not very PC don't you know...LOL.

I belive Superscale did a sheet or two with this P-51 onit,maybe someone can hook you up with that?

good luck in your search :thumbsup:

Thanks Mungo; I appreciate the clarification!

Still scratching my head over that one, as the box art and instructions, which show photos of the completed model, all show the kill markings on the canopy frame.

Can anyone assist? Anyone, anyone at all.....?

:wacko:

Edited by RRman

The original issue of this kit (mid 70's) had the kill markings with swastikas. The second time I built this kit the victory markings had simply been cut out of the decal sheet. (Imagine having that job) Later on the markings were left off the sheet altogether.

:thumbsup: Hi all, not wishing to be nit-picky, I know that the Mustang was conceived in 1940, and is I suppose one of the historical classic aircraft, but don't you think that it is a little out of place in the Classic Aviation Forum.

:cheers:

Robin.

:cheers: Hi all, not wishing to be nit-picky, I know that the Mustang was conceived in 1940, and is I suppose one of the historical classic aircraft, but don't you think that it is a little out of place in the Classic Aviation Forum.

:worship:

Robin.

aww shucks we dont mind if youre nags in here with our Stallions :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to a fellow ARCer who read my post, I am very happy to report that my "Detroit Miss" now proudly sports its full complement of kill markings on the canopy frame. These are from the Superscale sheet:

:lol:

Edited by RRman