1/48 Sukhoi T10-1 (aka RAM-K)

Sukhoi T10-1 facts:

-Designed as Soviet counterpart to the F-15 Eagle.

-First flight in 1977

-Flight tests did show the performance and flight characteristics of T10-1 are inferior to the Eagle

-as a result of this, whole aircraft was completely redesigned, and Sukhoi T10S-'current' Su-27 Flanker took to the air in 1981

-currently, the T10-1 is on display in Monino Museum near Moscow

...here are some more pics documenting the progress on my 1/48 T10...I will get the decals printed soon, so I hope the beast will be finished by the end of this month ....well...we will see :thumbsup:

Edited by Jan
One question: what camo is that? I thought T10-1 was NM...

not really, blue-white camo was used... look at my banne (under each of my posts...pic ot the real T10-1...) as far as I know, no prototype of Flanker A was in NMF.... :thumbsup:

Nice to see you like my crazy project B)

That is stunning! Amazing!

.............. I thought T10-1 was NM...

/Kristian

Perhaps you are thinking of P42, the record breaking aircraft. That was BMF to save weight for the time-to-climb records :lol:

Great work on the conversion Jan. Very impressive work and probably unique. :thumbsup:

:blink:

Thanks for all the compliments :thumbsup:

Zacto:

What did you use to prime/basecoat the model to hide all the transitions between Milliput and plastic?
¨

For basecoat, I use colours from regular Humbrol line...nothing special...

...ay you would expect in this project, uniform basecoat did show LOT of scratches, problem areas and so on ...so I had to use sanding paper again, and some minor scratches were filled with Humbrol coulour in few layers ...that work as a putty...than sanding again...

...and finally, the T10 got second basecoat ...and only aftre that I could start to spray the camo on :thumbsup:

aaah...I see...

BTW, I saw the first prototype of the Fulcrum with my own eyes in Monino too

(the first prototype of MiG-29 have different position of the nose gear...the machine you posted, I think, is other prototype)

Thanks for the pic...

hiya

Woah cool!! Monino woudl have rocked!!!!!! :crying: 9-01 and t-10-1 go together like.......sonny and chare.........starsky and hutch........lucy and ethel!

:cheers:

:rolleyes:

...well , maby not the last one! :cheers:

regards

Raymond

Woah cool!! Monino woudl have rocked!!!!!!

Honestly.... the most impressive piece there is the Sukhoi T-4 ...prototype of Soviet tri-sonic bomber... Soviet answer to the Valkyrie :rolleyes:

But everything there is just amaying/surprizing ...for example delta-wing version of Su-24 Fencer and many other cool prototypes...

• 4 weeks later...