Looks nice so far, the only thing I´d adjust is the size of the tar between the plates. It´s about a foot broad in relation to the figures, in fact, it´s approximately 1" (2 inches if the guys did a bad job on a real Tarmac). I´d try to make the whole scene look a bit dusty, pastellchalks help a lot, also some drybrushing (but that is a personal preference). In the desert, dust is a BIG problem and colours fade quickly. Other than that, I´d say, that´s one mighty fine attempt for the first time! :rolleyes: B) :wave:

István

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I´d love to see that! :rofl: One important thing would be to reduce the bright colours of the bushes, they don´t have those crisp colours when exposed to the desert sun, but look dry. Please post, it would be cool to see the "before/after" effect! :cheers:

István

Hey fellow scale modelers.

Well as promised here are the updated pictures of my F-15 dio. This is the results of the suggestions that I recieved from other forum members. Still not perfect, but it is my first dio after all, and I learned alot during its construction.

Thank you to all for the suggestions.

Pic#1

The desert area got a wash with burnt siena water color, I added a bit more ground clutter, straitened up the plants, and the plants bushes and even the rock got a dry brushing.