Spraying a Future coat

re: Windolene

I have this in the work shop and asked on a previous thread if this was a windex substitute. It is clear and is quite thick. If i remember, the general response that i got was that it was not windex, or a suitable substitute.

Can anyone clarify further on the UK/Europe windex equivalent, I need! this stuff

Edited by el'TJ

i took this flash coat idea and applied it to my normal painting: instead of washing up after painting, i'd run some thinner thru the airbrush and spray it on the plane, or the surfaces you'd just painted, until a slightly wet look appears. two advantages: it's the colours you just sprayed, so no mixing there, helps you to wash up at the same time, and really does help to level things out. give it a shot!

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone recommend a UK alternative to this Windex stuff !?!?

First off.............love the avitar bud!! I am a long time Maiden Fan. Aces High is one of my favs.

Anyway, being first born Canadian from an entire English familiy......I did some asking around.

I assume the product you are using is Klear†or “Krystal Klearâ€. ??

I believe the product you are looking for is Windolene. Any kind of window type cleaner that has AMONIA in it will work just fine. Hope this works.

Just currious.

:lol:

Brent

Edited by maddog
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for the great ideas folks!!!!!

By the way, I use Future as thinner for Polly Scale or Aeromaster paints. Looks great and ends up semi gloss.

Another question...what do you guys use to get a matt or semi-gloss finish on top of the future layer?

Cheers

Alex

Thanks for the great ideas folks!!!!!

By the way, I use Future as thinner for Polly Scale or Aeromaster paints. Looks great and ends up semi gloss.

Another question...what do you guys use to get a matt or semi-gloss finish on top of the future layer?

Cheers

Alex

How about mixing Tamiya Flat Base with future to get the semi-gloss finish?

Should work good? (If not mention already?)

Ed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Colin, Kasatka mentioned early in this thread that alcohol speeds the drying of Future, that is probably what is causing the cracking - that or your acrylic colors weren't completely dry/cured before you sprayed the Future.

• 3 weeks later...

I think im going to try airbrushing my ' Klear'.

so, Tamiya Flat Base is the way to go for a semi-gloss finish?

Also, if i put Klear on my canopy, will it get rid of those annoying glue marks i usually get? what causes that?

Edited by Ollie T-Y
Has anyone tried just using a regular spray bottle set to be misty? I'm sure this might work? Also, my wide flat Tamiya brush will give this thing a try... I take it that decals go on top of the Future?

hcay7800-main-2.jpg

:thumbsup: Martin

I think a spray bottle is a good alternative for an Airbrush, but only for this, not for painting!! Im trying to tint windows with this, and its bloody hard, im not sure how many dips i should do!!

hi there ,

I have a question about the use of microscael set , every time I use it the future seems to fade out !!

Is this a common thing or am I doing something wrong

TIA

rob

Rob,

After the micro set dries, try brushing or spraying on another coat of future.

Greg

Edited by W4IK

My take on this brand confusion is this....

The UK equivalent to Future is known as Klear , made by SCJohnson

129785110.jpg

Though I am not sure if Future is made by SCJohnson :wave:

The UK equivalent to Windex is MrMuscle Glass and Window Cleaner also by SCJohnson.

129785103.jpg

Also available in original without the citrus smell, which is what I use.

Any more offers on this.....?

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Thin Future with Windex??? Hmmmm...now I have a question.

I had used Future previosly as a gloss coat, but thinned it with alcohol and sprayed it over Gunze acrylics.......and the Future cracked on me.

Question is, would thinning Future with Windex solve this problem (along with spraying the flash coats)????

Just got here, noticed this.

I don't use Gunze—were your paints gloss or flat?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Brent

Good taste Sir :banana:

I'm going to give both Windowlene and Mr Muscle a try and see which works, we'll settle this once and for all :lol:

Anyway, over in the UK we use Johnsons Klear as ta future alternative (I think its basically the same beast)

All the best

John

Hi Skii

Did you try them both out? And do you have a result?.... it's just that I've scoured the all local supermarket shelves looking for glass cleaners that list ammonia as an ingredient, didn't find a single one. :thumbsup: