Millennium Falcon preorder up at HLJ

Hey...!!! What's that sound...? A groan that appears to be emanating from my wallet.

And what else do I hear...? A growl? Oops... it's my wife looking over my shoulder while I'm checking out what $164.00 U.S. is in Canadian funds.

Sorry guys, but my marriage is more important that some model kit. :thumbsup:

Randy

look at the engine deck and you'll see what looks like a tiger tank rear deck as detail! Most of the models for star wars had these parts all over them, cool to see them recreated faithfully (boba fetts craft by the same company also has a tank deck for detail, as well as truck engine blocks and 50 cal. guns)

not only that, check out the F5E underside when you look at the bottom of the Slave 1. And the M4A3 Sherman hull and turret on the back of an X Wing. You can really tell these were 'real model' builders that had to scrounge for parts, unlike the CG stuff today. They did use heaps of WW2 panther rear top decks for their spaceships and vehicles.

We should have a 'part spotting' exercise on the star wars vehicles...

:thumbsup:

The price is actually a little better then I thought it would be. Originally it was projected to be closer to $200. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Hell Yes! I just didn't think FineMolds would be crazy enough to try offering this subject in 1/72 scale is all. Glad they proved me wrong. It will be a Christmas present to myself.

:thumbsup:

looking at the number of parts (800), the size (43 cms) and the (expected) overall quality, this is not so expensive at 134€. Fine Molds gets money for a good job.

And don't forget : it's a licenced kit : Some bucks are going in George Lucas wallet. It would have been cheaper...

Some japanese kits are also expensive (1/32 Tamiya, 1/72 hasegawa... ) and you have to buy aftermarket kits...

This price is also much cheaper than Code 3 miniature that was smaller, packed with errors an moreover about 300 $

I'll surely preorder ;)

not only that, check out the F5E underside when you look at the bottom of the Slave 1. And the M4A3 Sherman hull and turret on the back of an X Wing. You can really tell these were 'real model' builders that had to scrounge for parts, unlike the CG stuff today. They did use heaps of WW2 panther rear top decks for their spaceships and vehicles.

We should have a 'part spotting' exercise on the star wars vehicles...

:worship:

Looking at the back end of the AT-AT you'll see the upper hull of a Sd.kfz 222 armoured car plus the shield from a quad 20mm AA gun. Not to mention Harrier engines on the belly as motors for the legs.

Jari

:)

Looking at the back end of the AT-AT you'll see the upper hull of a Sd.kfz 222 armoured car plus the shield from a quad 20mm AA gun. Not to mention Harrier engines on the belly as motors for the legs.

Jari

well spotted! ha ha i never noticed till you pointed them out. i did spot the panther/late tiger cupolas on the sides of the Jawa Sandcrawler though. Goon one! :rofl:

Mine is ordered as well.

I have to say it wasn't nearly as hard to resist going back and ordering a second one as it was with the Slave 1.

Two of those would run about the cost of one of the Falcon.

It better be great since it's costing me nearly 200 bottles of Guiness !

Mike

If you know where to look, on the model of the Super Star Destroyer "Executor," there's an entire 1/35 figure, with his arm raised, sticking out of the sidewall detailing.

Look about 3/4 of the way to the right of this picture.

1r32executor.jpg

Edited by RedHeadKevin
looking at the number of parts (800), the size (43 cms) and the (expected) overall quality, this is not so expensive at 134€. Fine Molds gets money for a good job.

And don't forget : it's a licenced kit : Some bucks are going in George Lucas wallet. It would have been cheaper...

Some japanese kits are also expensive (1/32 Tamiya, 1/72 hasegawa... ) and you have to buy aftermarket kits...

This price is also much cheaper than Code 3 miniature that was smaller, packed with errors an moreover about 300 $

I'll surely preorder :wave:

Amen... when you consider the price of similar obscure resin kits, this one doesn't look so bad. I have been offered $500 for my SMT 1/48 resin AT-AT... and I'm not takin' it!!! Yes... I know I'm crazy, but it is a piece of art as far as I'm concerned.

but would you really want AMt to do them? they didnt really do a good job of the earlier ones... i guess to be fair, they were good for that time, but you cant compare that with the quality today from manufacturers like fine molds. if they could match or better the fine molds standards then it would be good....

then again, its all hypothetical anyways... :lol: :D :(

would love one of them to do a gunship

• 1 month later...