Decal Sheet For This Flanker Scheme?

I have done art for the specific markings as best as I can, but unfortunately I don't have any cool art programs, so it's in a .bmp format.  I have it at 600 dpi right now and the files are correspondingly huge.

Unfortunately any raster format(such as *bmp,*jpg,*png,*gif etc.) is not very useful for printing on either ALPS or silkscreen technologies. The "cool" art programs that can be used for creating vector artwork is not expensive at all, indeed you can get at least two very high quality vector drawing programs for FREE. I myself use Corel Draw and I bet pretty much all the big-name decal companies use either Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw for their designs; but I am confident that these two can be used to create designs that would match anything that the "big guys" can do:

-Inkscape (www.inkscape.org)

-Sodipodi (www.sodipodi.com)

If you feel like you want to design your own decals, give these a shot. As I said, they have all the features that you will need to design any decal sheet that you can imagine. The documentation is not as good as the commercial programs, but the features are.

Second: Thanks for offering the artwork. Since it is in BMP format, I can't use it as is; but it may be used as a guide to trace over.

Edited by KursadA
Kursad, please make decals for this other Demo Flanker.

I think Jared Hooper has made the artwork for those markings:

In what scale, Efrain, in 1/48 this decal is real - see my prevew posts

Edited by kotey

In 1/72 (like 1/48 too) i have ambitions plans make (before next Cristmas) Flanker series, including Russian Knights and all demo Flankers.

So, if i draw this marking 1/48 i scaling to 1/72 and print decals.

Wait a minute...

In 1\72 Russian Knights i already have two decals - old Su-27 Travers and inbox decal Su-27UB for Zvezda/Berkut model.

If you need its - write me.

In 1/72 (like 1/48 too) i have ambitions plans make (before next Cristmas) Flanker series, including Russian Knights and all demo Flankers.

So, if i draw this marking 1/48 i scaling to 1/72 and print decals.

Including Ukrainian? :thumbsup:

Great idea guys!

How about the Ukrainian splinter blue '04 demo bird? All scales of course. :D

It's really a shame that none of the decal manufacturers have put out a sheet for these aircraft. Linden Hill, Hi-decals you reading this?

Kursad & Kotey - I'm interested in the MKI black & gray demo bird. Where can I order? Thanx

:thumbsup:

It is new Knights marking (starting 2003-2004), non camoufling top surface

Yes, Ukranian version will be too.

its signs will be in new decals

Edited by kotey
Well, why not, since you asked. It doesn't take any time with the new automated process I came up with, so I'll do it.

If you are talking about the "305" demo bird then I am in for two sheets in 1/72 and I have close-ups of the markings I took at the last Dubai Airshow if you need them

Regards

Jim Barr

Kotey, you mentioned earlier that the su-30k grey scheme is already available in 1/48? Where can it be obtained?

Kursad, when you make your sheets will it contain the grey scheme in 1/48? Do you sell your decals internationally? (I'm in South Africa)

Thanks

John

What I really want, and may have started a rather ill fated attempt to complete my own art for is:

MKK demonstrator 502

MKI demonstrator Blue 06 (pretty easy one)

But there are so many un-decalled Flanker schemes that are just downright beautiful. There are already the Linden Hill Stencil Sheets, just the aircraft specific markings need to be created.

all in 1/72 scale of course!

-Jared

Kotey, you mentioned earlier that the su-30k grey scheme is already available in 1/48? Where can it be obtained?

Kursad, when you make your sheets will it contain the grey scheme in 1/48? Do you sell your decals internationally? (I'm in South Africa)

Thanks

John

I don't know, I just came up with the idea after seeing this thread today. I will include markings for every demo Flanker for which I can get satisfactorily detailed references. I'm not sure if people will buy it without painting instructions, and I am certain that I don't want to end up drawing painting instructions for all those weird schemes, so the instructions might be the deal breaker.

Thanks

John

I don't know, I just came up with the idea after seeing this thread today. I will include markings for every demo Flanker for which I can get satisfactorily detailed references. I'm not sure if people will buy it without painting instructions, and I am certain that I don't want to end up drawing painting instructions for all those weird schemes, so the instructions might be the deal breaker.

Painting instructions are for the weak! Bring on the decals!

:thumbsup:

I would be really really excited for a sheet like that in 1/72, I'll keep my eyes on this thread.

And I second the Instruction sheets are for the weak consensus! Bring on the decals!

-Jared

Well, I'm convinced. If you have references or suggestions, send them my way. I will keep you updated. I hope to do these in 1/72 & 1/48, and even in 1/32 scale on a per-demand basis for those adventurous spirits who want to do something different with the Trumpeter kits.