F-15C's from DS1

I'm taking a break from building my little stash of Vipers and embarking on building

a 1/48th F-15C Eagle from Desert Storm 1, but since the fire earlier this summer I have lost all referance materials and pictures. I need to know if any ANG Eagles made it over to Saudi Arabi/Kuwait during ODS 1 and are there any decals avalible from that time frame and if anyone can point me in the right direction to locate pictures/info for said

birds and did it carry an ECM pod like the F-4's and A-10's did.

I'll probably have a ton more questions for all the Eagle xperts as this build gets going.

:( and Thanx

Charles

PS Other than the RM kit which one would you all recomend. TIA

Edited by wardog1

USAF Eagle fighter units that participated in Desert Storm:

1st TFW: 27th TFS, 71st TFS ("FF")

33 TFW: 58th TFS ("EG")

36th TFW: 53rd TFS, 525th TFS ("BT")

32nd TFG: 32nd TFS ("CR")

No external ECM was carried.

HTH!

Andre

as far as decals go what would any of you choose, and would I be better

served by using the Hase kit or the RM kit? what about the ACES II seat?

ANY and ALL HELP IS WELCOME!

Leaning twords the EG Eagle

Edited by wardog1
If it were me,I'd go with the Hasegawa kit even though the R-M kits is a bit more correct.

Hasegawa's F-15C is better than anything Revell put out in 1/48th. For Strike Eagles, it's another story...

As far as decals are concerned, Daco Decal has a set for 36th TFW Eagles, and Dutch Decal made a 32nd TFS sheet.

HTH,

Andre

Charles,

You're looking at building a MSIP C model. In 1/48th the Monogram kit has a more accurate shape but also the dreaded raised panel lines. The Hasegawa kit's shape inaccuracies (primarily in the engine areas) are probably not noticeable to most modelers. Neither of the kits (or any others) can be built as a MSIP jet straight out of the box; they lack the external antenna, modified formation strip light, and correct instrument panel. As to the ACES seat, the Verlinden and True Detail seats in 1/72 have headrests that are way too small, and I assume this problem was carried over to their 1/48 versions; although, I haven't seen them.

For external stores, three tanks were invariably carried along with 8 missiles. For all but the last two weeks of the war this was 4 AIM-7M's and 4 AIM-9M's. Eglin added a pair of AIM-120's right before Desert Storm ended, carried on the underwing rails. In addition all these jets had chaff/flare dispensers mounted, and I don't believe any of the 1/48 kits feature that mod either.

As far as markings, Superscale and Repliscale both did sheets of Langley and Eglin D.S. jets. I believe the Superscale sheet is long out of production, and Repliscale went out of business quite a few years ago.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph
  • 3 weeks later...
As far as markings, Superscale and Repliscale both did sheets of Langley and Eglin D.S. jets. I believe the Superscale sheet is long out of production, and Repliscale went out of business quite a few years ago.

I have extras of these sheets if needed.. :whistle: