Check this BSG Viper out....

Hiya

Man thats cool! :( :nanner:

yep, thats the new viper, and i place a good bet that the figures ment to be starbuck ;)

andy, u msut see the new serries! youl love it or hate it. im bettign on the former!

they made it verry gritty, ripped of alot of carrier terms, its verry character driven, prob is each episode jsut gives a little bit of story, kinda like the X-files. but theyve fleshed otu the story a TON, redisigned everything, but with hommage to the origional.

here: have some pics :D

regards

Raymond

gal_pic13.jpg

bsg2.jpg

bgpic_11.jpg

bgpic_15.jpg

Alfred Wong's Viper Mk II is very nice and reasonably priced but, in all objective honesty, I believe the one put out by Frank Cherney (mastered by Morten Moesland) over on Replica Props Forum is absolutely jaw-dropping.

I don't think I've ever had such trouble trying to catch my breath upon opening a garage kit in my life.

You will love the in progress photos of Moe's build up of the master, too.

Okay, end gushing praise mode.

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...pic=61395&st=40

And they're just now taking orders for the Mk VII, too! B)

This is (at last!) the first I've seen of the new Viper....truly lovely and venomous lines! My only complaint is the fullscale prop looks...well, awfully clean and polished for a military weapon, especially a "rag-tag-on-the-run" defender! Needs serious staining and weathering!!!

Hey, let's turn the ARC crowd loose on the full-size studio props armed with pastels, airbrushes, washes, and all the other tricks we have...that would be a party to remember!!! :cheers:

I've got the Alfred Wong mastered Viper and a 1/72 one from the same company (Sci Fi Models) that was mastered by Marc King. The King Viper is very very nice and better then the 1/48 one that Wong did IMHO. I don't have the studio scale one though, but I hear it is indeed outstanding.

• 2 weeks later...
This is (at last!) the first I've seen of the new Viper....truly lovely and venomous lines! My only complaint is the fullscale prop looks...well, awfully clean and polished for a military weapon, especially a "rag-tag-on-the-run" defender! Needs serious staining and weathering!!!

Hey, let's turn the ARC crowd loose on the full-size studio props armed with pastels, airbrushes, washes, and all the other tricks we have...that would be a party to remember!!! B)

Andrew,

Those Mk2s were museum pieces on board Galactica before they were pressed into service. I'm sure as the seasons go by the weathering will be thicker.

Most of Galactica's Mk7 Vipers were destroyed by the Cylons in the initial attack. I do think that a hand full did survive.

:cheers:

Emil

I hate it when the movie makers place lights inside the helmets. Yes I know that it's done to make the faces visible, but IMHO it just looks ridiculous. Nobody wants a light in front of his eyes in the helmet B)

hiya andrew!

i got some screen caps at home of a late serries 1 ep (the onyl redone origional ep)

the vipers are more banged up then! :trolls: If u look carefully at the CGI sequences u can sometiems see one of those Uber Mk7s flying round

regards

Raymond

Here is a good link with some pics.

Somewhere, I have saved the link to Gabriel Koerner's site. He was the CGI artist who actually rendered the Viper Mk II for the 2003 miniseries....his are the best pics I've ever seen by far and they are nicely and believably weathered.

Found the link: http://www.zoicstudios.com/

Apparently, he's also appeared (as an actor) in front of the cameras in a number of SF shows, too! Talented bugger!

Edited by John Howling Mouse
andy, u msut see the new serries! youl love it or hate it. im bettign on the former!

they made it verry gritty, ripped of alot of carrier terms, its verry character driven, prob is each episode jsut gives a little bit of story, kinda like the X-files. but theyve fleshed otu the story a TON, redisigned everything, but with hommage to the origional.

I am slowly coming around to liking the new BSG (I call it BSG: II).

I am a big fan of the original and granted, it had more cheese than the supermarket dairy section, but I'm a bit old-school and it appeals to me. It was fairly groundbreaking and I loved the "aircraft carrier" approach to the capital ships (as opposed to the "Battleship approach" of shows such as Star Trek).

BSG: II? When I heard a new version was being produced, I was thrilled, but it doesn't resonate with me, yet, like the original. The biggest problem I have with it is that there are no, repeat no, strong characters you can root for . . . or against. For the heros, I want characters that will do the right thing . . . be stubborn when it's the right thing to do, be compromising when it's the right thing to do, put aside their differences when it's the right thing to do, overcome their weakness, and so forth. Sure, the characters of the new version may have more depth, but it seems like the producers are taking human weakness as the strength of the program. Adama is the closest, but he's so darn stubborn and more concerned with maintaining pre-war protocol, he comes across more as the character a hero would find themselves in a loggerhead with, than the man tasked with protecting of the remnants of humanity. Likewise, the President seems more inclined to hamper the job of the military, even though it is critical to their survival. The CAG (Apollo) is so bent up with angst you couldn't shove a greased BB . . . well, you know where. The XO, who I like to see as the solid, dependable, right-hand man of the commander, is a drunk who's wrapped around the finger of his once estranged wife. The top pilot is so insubordinate she'd never have had a career in the service, regardless of skill (Even when given a chance to declare a "truce" with the XO at the end of the premier, she took the low-road). Even the villian Baltar is so weak-kneed and indecisive I want to yell, "For Pete's sake, make up your mind!!!!!" Does he want to help the humans, is he going to finally go over completely to the Cylons? I can understand craving a beautiful woman, but he can't keep his Johnson in his pants with the survival of his race at stake? Turning into a quivering bowl of Jell-O like a randy teenager whenever the Cy-bimbo is around doesn't inspire me to like or hate Baltar.

Sure, the characters may have more depth (Usually for the worst) and the show is grittier, but sometimes I find myself not caring if the humans survive or not. If you can't see the greater good, are you worthy of survival? Some may consider it more "Real", but after a day's/week's dose of reality in real life, often I'm not necessarily looking for a whole lot of reality when I watch TV.

That all said, as mentioned I'm coming around and I'm looking forward to the episode PEGASUS and how that's going to be treated, especially since THE LIVING LEGEND is my favorite of the original. Will their Viper Mk VIIs have been affected by the Cylon technology? What's Cain and the crew going to be like (I've already heard there will be no Sheeba or similar character)? What will the Battlestar itself by like? Newer/different, since the Galactica was the oldest of the Colonial Fleet and retired at the beginning of the war?

BTW, anyone else notice the physical change in Edward James Olmos this season compared to last? Don't know if it was a personal choice or part of the plot to enhance the effect of his recovery from the assination attempt, but he looks a lot thinner (Anyone recovering from a life-threatening shooting would lose a lot of weight). Even his face looks clearer and brighter.

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice model of the BSG2 VIPER - going to have to go out and get it for the collection now.

Hey F14Peter - I am with you, am starting to actually enjoy the series now after getting over the Cylons looking like Humans and just about every main character changed to a Woman. LOL! I don't think they could have picked a better actor to play Commander Adama than Edward James Olmos, he is simply the best on the show. Wish they would give him more latitude to develop the character.

Caught the first part of the eposode where Comander Cain & the PEGASUS has returned (Naturally Cain is a Chick! :D ) but it is still proving interesting. Can't wait till Friday night to catch the next part.

29-09-05

According to that board, there will be no more of the "original " run vipers for sale( those with markings for Satrbuck).

Bit miffed as I want one badly.

Anyone know if there's one out there owned by someone willing to sell it for a a fair price?? ( not made up, of course?)

Liam

1/72 BSG Viper 1/72 BSG Viper

Product ID: OTH-004

Manufacturer: Other

Scale: 1/72

Number in Stock: 0

Our Price: $40.00

Item is out of stock.

[Pre-Order]

1/72 BSG Viper 1/72 BSG Viper

Product ID: OTH-004

Manufacturer: Other