Ooh, can I play?

Here's a Hienkel I did about ten years ago. It's the Italeri He-111H backdated to a P..I made deleted the kit supercharger intakes and made new one on the opposite sides, and swiped some prop blades from a Do-217. The stretched sprue antenna has disappeared over the years..that's why I switched to monofilament!

This is my only model that ever won something at the Nats (third place at Va Beach in '02.) It was kind of ironic, since I built it mostly out of the box, mainly to test the then-new PollyScale acrylics.

Cheers!

Steve

He-11104.jpg

He-111011.jpg

He-11107.jpg

Edited by Steve N

Hello,

The heavy mottling seen on almost all Lufty. fighters was done with a sponge, on the field, generaly leaving spots of light blue paint between areas of dark green.

I have start the painting process with yellow (nose and stabilizer) then the light blue form the bottom side. The painting continued with the dark green on the side of the fuselage and with the overspray of mottling.

For the heavy mottling from fuselage and rudder I used a paper mask, with a lot of small holes. Made the holes with a several needles (different thicknes)

The last corrections were made with a toothpick.

In order to obtain an uneven result I have shadowed some areas of the mottling with dark green and some with light blue, using a diluted paint (80% white spirit).

perhaps this last operation is more evident in this last picture.

Christian

Edited by chris_cat

Here's one of mine, Adolf Galland's ride during autumn of 1940:

DSC00227.jpg

It's Tamiya's 109E-3, straigt OOB with kit decals. Sorry 'bout the cluttered picture.....

Edited by Lansen
Here's one of mine, Adolf Galland's ride during autumn of 1940:

DSC00227.jpg

It's Tamiya's 109E-3, straigt OOB with kit decals. Sorry 'bout the cluttered picture.....

Hey Per,

Nice 109 and as far as I can see an (un)cluttered display shelf compared to mine anyway!

Just guessing the lineup Draken, F-84, Spitfire your 109 and I reckon a Bulldog.....right!

Do I get a prize? :worship:

Doc

Sure! I'll get you a beer of your own choise next time you drop by the student union's nion pub in Västerås :lol:

Edited by Lansen
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...