Ok Folks-

Here's the rules. We're keeping it simple, and there's nothing too complicated listed...we hope.

1. The duration of the build will be no more than 6 months, starting 1 Sept 2005.

2. Only US Navy and/or USMC versions are allowed as entries. No ficticious builds! For example, no Star Trek Klingon Engines on the tops of your Intruder/Prowler wings. This isn't a Sci-Fi contest, so let's keep it real. :blink:

3. You can build ANY variant of the A-6 or EA-6B that was in service from any kit, in any scale. I know alot of people are going to have questions about accuracy. Here's where we stand on the issue. Accuracy isn't really a main concern, because for example, there are several different antennae configurations on later block Prowlers, and it may be difficult to replicate every little one on a model. Just do the best you can. That's all that's expected.

4. Where to send entries. Entries need to be sent to: brian@vfdecals.com

When you send your entry in, please include a maximum of 4 pictures. Also include your name, where you're from (ie your city, state, country), and a brief description of your model, to include the scale, kit brand, and any after market items you have included in the kit. The Group Build Main Page will be on the VF-Decals website, which is located at: www.vfdecals.com

You may submit as many entries as you can build within the 6 month time frame!

5. At the end of the build, a raffle will be held according to the ARC regulations. Raffle winners will be contacted by either Karl Sander or Brian Marbrey, and we will then forward a list of winners to the prize contributors, who will be responsible for mailing the prizes out to the raffle winners.

We are currently asking for prize donations, so if any sponsors wish to contribute, please contact Brian Marbrey at brian@vfdecals.com.

I think that pretty much covers it. So get those kits ready and have fun! Let's make this one of the best A-6/EA-6B builds ever!

Brian Marbrey

Edited by VF-103guy
3. You can build ANY variant of the A-6 or EA-6B that was in service from any kit, in any scale. I know alot of people are going to have questions about accuracy. Here's where we stand on the issue. Accuracy isn't really a main concern, because for example, there are several different antennae configurations on later block Prowlers, and it may be difficult to replicate every little one on a model. Just do the best you can. That's all that's expected.

In case anyone wonders, I think that DOES in fact include the EA-6A. :lol:

In case anyone wonders, I think that DOES in fact include the EA-6A. :lol:

Sure does..

I´ve been waiting for an "excuse" to start building my 2 Intruders and 2 Prowlers (all in 1/72 of course). Now it seems I got what I needed!

I´m in! I´ll do my best to finish them, but it won´t be easy: I also have a couple of Phantoms for the F-4 GB on my work bench...

/Kristian

Might as well add my name to the list:

Jim "Sabre" Barnett

Prattville, Alabama

USA

Building: Revell 48th A-6E

Aftermarket: 1. Seamless Suckers intakes 2. Verlinden resin/PE up-grade set. 3. Paragon resin wing-fold set.

Add me in too.

Nenad Mitrovic (Perth, Western Australia).

Soccer season is nearly finished and I only have to contend with work and 3 yr old and a new born baby, so I think I can do it! ;)

I have been itching to do an intruder for ages.

:thumbsup:

Nenad

(now to start the hunt for references)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...