F-4DableModels next release

Would you be interested in such decals?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in such decals?

• Yup - bring it on!
    • Nope - too boring!
    • Depends on which squadron or unit

Hey ARCer's,

Having last churned out our Export Bugs series of decal sheets, F-4DableModels has been working on our next decal project.

The subject matter will be the USN F-4S operated by a couple of units, and covers aircraft specifically during the '82 to '86 period, which apart from the CAG & CO's jets, saw most aircraft being painted in overall light gull grey and then the TPS scheme.

Extensive research has been done, and our research information dossiers are now being finalized.

Help us out by giving your opinions on such a decal sheet, before we go past 'last chance'.

Being a real F-4 Phanatic kind of skews my personal views of what we produce, but ultimately, what the modeling community wants is what matters.

Thanks,

Jason C.

F-4DableModels

Rather see some ADC/ANG/Euro I markings for the C/D/E Rhinos. Don`t know about 1/72 or 1/48, but in 1/32 there is no F-4S available OOB and you need to do some serious conversion work to get an S bird. IIRC Hasegawa was the only company to make an OOB 1/48 kit, i guess you could combine an E with a J to make an S. Still rather see USAF stuff done, in all three popular scales. :unsure:

Don

Guys,

I'm grateful for the feedback so far.

I'm actually bursting to say which squadrons are to be featured, but don't know if I'll shoot myself in the foot doing so. :cheers:

I will however say that it isn't for squadrons that have been totally neglected but we are doing it different by filing in the 'gaps' and going for accuracy, as best as we can - we have spoken to former members from the relevant carrier air wing who have been extremely gracious in helping. These sheets will be a tribute to them and the rest who served with the air wing.

I will also say that it isn't entirely low vis, since the intermediate overall light gull gray schemes had reasonable splashes of color.

I know that I mentioned elsewhere months back that we will be doing some TX ANG/AFRES F-4's. We still are, and we will do it - it's just that this F-4S project looks more do-able at this time.

What we have been affected by is the increasing demand for accuracy. In this regard, finding clear photos to read off crew names is a real challenge. We have been turning over all kinds of rocks, and spending a lot of time & resources searching & acquiring reference materials.

Thanks again & happy modeling!

Jason C.

F-4DableModels

Guys,

I'm grateful for the feedback so far.

I'm actually bursting to say which squadrons are to be featured, but don't know if I'll shoot myself in the foot doing so. :soapbox:

I will however say that it isn't for squadrons that have been totally neglected but we are doing it different by filing in the 'gaps' and going for accuracy, as best as we can - we have spoken to former members from the relevant carrier air wing who have been extremely gracious in helping. These sheets will be a tribute to them and the rest who served with the air wing.

I will also say that it isn't entirely low vis, since the intermediate overall light gull gray schemes had reasonable splashes of color.

I know that I mentioned elsewhere months back that we will be doing some TX ANG/AFRES F-4's. We still are, and we will do it - it's just that this F-4S project looks more do-able at this time.

What we have been affected by is the increasing demand for accuracy. In this regard, finding clear photos to read off crew names is a real challenge. We have been turning over all kinds of rocks, and spending a lot of time & resources searching & acquiring reference materials.

Thanks again & happy modeling!

Jason C.

F-4DableModels

well i'm building acouple of late USN F-4's from 1980/81 for the F-4 GB,but i'll welcome any new sheets! :whistle: