f-4's fitted with 600gal centre line tank??????

Guest newsh

Hi guys,

I am looking at doing a Tamiya 32nd phantom and just can't find any details for the centre line tank pylon/combo.

Is there a designation for the pylon used for the 600gal tank? Does anyone have access to drawings/pics/photos/diagrams for the pylon?

:wave: and beers,

Anthony

Which tank? The original Navy-style Royal Jet tank, or the later Hi-speed tank like is used on the F-15?

Oops! I did mean the F-15 style, high speed tank. I didn't realise the 'original' tank was 600gal as well.

Give me a shout off board if you need pics of the F-15-style tank mount.

Will do Ben!

:lol: guys!

Anthony

Here is a shot of the major difference. The F-15 style tank has a pivot point on the aft end of the tank to help make sure it clears the aircraft when jettisoned. Here is a closeup of that pivot point. The end with the hole is the aft end. This fitting is attached to the holdback fitting that the USAF/AFRES/ANG did not use. Carrier based aircraft could not have this improvement.

This fitting is attached to the holdback fitting that the USAF/AFRES/ANG did not use. Carrier based aircraft could not have this improvement.

Interesting! I've always wondered why the Navy & Marines never went with the F-15-style tank.

Cheers!

Ben

BTW Anthony, I cc'd the photos to the second e-mail address you gave me but it bounced. Did you get the photos?

Ben

Hi guys,

Thanks for the pics and the info!

Ben, I shouldn't have put the au on the email. Sorry about that. They did come through at home. Just what I was looking for. You could hardly call it a pylon, just a couple of 'attachment points'. Great pics.

Thanks again fellas,

Anthony