su-27 ub undercarriage

Hi Citrico :wave:

From looking at all the of the reference material I have I'd guess that the undercarriage is the same for both versions.

The only difference I could spot was the holes on the mudguard of the nosegear on early single seaters had three holes where the two seaters had just one. AFIK the later single seaters got the single hole mudguard as well.

;)

I concur with geedubelyer..............

The single-seaters and two-seat UB's used to have different nosewheel FOD mudguards in the early days.

The single-seaters had 3 holes - the two-seaters had one.

They appear to have 'standardised' on the one-hole version !!

Don't forget that, in the old (Soviet) days, the two types were built at different 'factories'.....

The Su-27 was built at the Komsomolsk na Amur Aircraft Production Organisation(KnAAPO).

The Su-27UB was built at the Irkutsk Aircraft Production Organisation (IAPO).

IAPO have 'gone their own way' - making Su-30MKI's for India (based on the Su-27UB).

KnAAPO are still part of Sukhoi - and make the Su-27, Su-33, Su-35 - and now the two-seat Su-30MKK for China.

Meanwhile, back to your question ;)

No, there appears to be no outwardly visual difference between the undercarriage on a Su-27 or Su-27UB.

Ken