GBU-10 & 12 fins

I have both 1/48 guided bomb kits from Hasegawa. I noticed the fins on the GBU were different. I'd like to know when did they change. The GBU-10s were going to go onto a CF-18 Balkan Rat bird while the others will be going on an F-15E.

What did the fins look like when the Canadians used GBU-10 during Operation Allied Force? And what fin types were used in OIF?

As an aside, does anyone know if the 391st FS (Mountain High Avengers) take part in OIF?

Paveway I bombs, like in the original Hase weapon set, are Vietnam-era LGBs. First-generation stuff. The Paveway II with the folding wings, in set D, are the modern version. Not sure when the II came along, I think it was in the late '70s but for Allied Force, use PWII.

According to my copy of 'F-15C/E units of Operation Iraqi Freedom' the only Strike Eagle Squadron involved were from the 335th and 336th Fighter Squadrons of the 4th Fighter Wing out of Seymour Johnson, though they did borrow some 391st aircrew to beef up numbers.

Regards,

Trent

391st took part in OEF and the pre-war bombing of Iraq called "Southern Focus" but had rotated out of theater prior to OIF.

Designations for the Paveway II LGBs were issued in 1973, so they probably entered service within a couple of years of that, although, as Dave pointed out the PAVE Way I fixed wings continued to be used into the 1990s, but less and less over time and usually for training.