Yellow Flight 610 Squadron

Finally I can get this project underway. This is going to be Yellow flight of 610 Squadron (DW-O, DW-K, DW-D) Mk 1 Spitfires in flight, just like my BoB Sig.

(Actually I'm not 100% that this is Yellow flight, but there is another picture that shows 2 other flights in relationship to this one, so the positioning suggests this is Yellow.)

Other than a few minor tweaks, this is going to be an OOB build to keep the costs down.

First things first, the stash. The Vb is my never ending Spitfire project. I pulled it out to copy the armour plating for the pilot.

Boxes.jpg

Here's the flight in dry fit.

3SpitDryFit.jpg

Close up of the pilot armour.

ArmourPlate.jpg

I modified the undercarriage and wheels to fit the wheel wells gear up.

I kept part of the UC leg to space the fairing correctly and extended the leg to position the wheel correctly as the leg will be longer when uncompressed. The wheels needed some sanding to thin them to fit.

UCLeg.jpg

And here's the dryfit of the finished result. I will have to add some detail for the UC mounting pintle to cover the original mounting hole on the other end.

UCDryFit.jpg

Cheers for now,

Matt