Well, I went all out on this kit. Revell EA-6B....gonna have Eduard PE...gonna have 2 BB kits....the pitkit and the wingfold kit. Parts enroute as we speak.

Haven't decided if I am gonna go with the kit decals, or do a Marine jet. Like toe Hi Vis schemes....like the Navy CAG jets too....donno yet. I am open to suggestions.

Progress so far??

WHEELS!!!!! heheh Got the pods and tanks glued up and sanded down. Since I'm going all out with this thing, I may just have to sand it smooth and rescribe! someone said the BB wingfold kit parts are nicely scribed so......

Lemme ask this...if I sand this thing smooth, what kinda references are avail that will show me where to scribe?

Stay loony tooned!

Sarge,

If the panel lines on the OOB kit are correct, they would be your best reference. Take a scrap monogram model and sand off the raised panel lines, IIRC they leave a ghost line in the plastic. From there you can begin to rescribe, or use the raised lines on the kit, rescribe right over them and then sand it smooth. Of course this is given if the panel lines are correct in the kit!!

Hope this makes sense, if not drop me a line!

Regards,

Jack aka BUGFAN

Well I have the wheels and the gear done. Gonna waxx them babies up and givem a chalkwash, and I'll post some pixx.

I am also gonna get the CE correction set for this puppy to go with all the other AM goodies already coming my way. BY FAR my most ambitious and most expensive project.

Still trying to decide what decals I'm gonna use.

This is meant as a complement and I hope it will be taken that way. When I look at what you're doing with the wheels and gear on this kit and compare it with some of the first things you posted here on ARC (and what was that, only three, four months ago?) your build skills have sky-rocketed. Those struts and wheels look fantastic. Can't wait to see what else you have in store for this kit.

Thanks Dave....and thanks all, I appreciate the kind words. I HAVE learned a lot from all the ARC'rs.....been afraid to try some of this stuff for fear of ruining a build, but chalkwashes are pretty simple, and they add so much.

The pixx don't do much justice I think. I painted the pieces white, then used some silver to hilite the pins and oleos and lugnuts and such. Black hoses and then Future and a black chalkwash. Methinks I like the "dirty" look. Gonna have to go back to some of my builds on the shelf and dirty them up!!

I think I'm gonna sand this baby smooth :huh: and scribe panel lines :cop: drill the rivets... :(....and I think I wanna try preshading too. I THINK ........heheheheh!

We shall see........thanks for the encouragement fellas. Feel free to point out what needs more work too. That's how us intermediates get bettah!

:cheers:

DECIDED.....gonna do a VMAQ-2 Panther.....with the black tail and cockpit surround....lo vis decal scheme from Microscale.

Workin on all the acutraments that I can get done before the mailman brings me the big guns! Gonna get all the gear door interiors white w/red edges, chalk washed and sealed up. The gear is done and in the ashtray.

I like cut glass, and I have all kinda bowls, dishes, ashtrays and coasters on my bench to catch & hold the parts....hehehe

Stay tooned

Sarge-

I don't think the rear wall should give you any trouble in terms of fit. It mainly looks like the excess resin maybe off a bit. If worse comes to worse, shoot the folks at BB an email and request a new tub. They're pretty good about replacing parts.

well, here are the IP's, such as they are.......

IP1.jpg

IP.jpg

next up is the tub, and there are so many details on the walls of this thing.....if anyone has any ideas how I should paint it up...I mean...I know what I have to do with the instrumentation in the tup....got a lotta tub pix...but I found nothin to illustrate details of the tub walls, etc.

Any input is appreciated....as always!

:stupid:

Well I goofed! I didn't see the front seaters what...radar hood thingy he looks into that goes on the panel...I thought soeone goofed when they left that area black so I thought I was being pretty smart to put what I did in there to fill the space!

Oh well.....back to it.

Well I goofed! I didn't see the front seaters what...radar hood thingy he looks into that goes on the panel...I thought soeone goofed when they left that area black so I thought I was being pretty smart to put what I did in there to fill the space!

Oh well.....back to it.

actually I use it more for storage. Radar's not really that good... ;)

Thanks john....that website did show some good pixx I used for reference. That guy painted his whole tub gull grey.......what i am wondering is if all the details on the back walls of the front & rear pits are supposed to be grey, or is there some detail I can paint in there. I mean, I could use my imagination and start firing in some metallic shades and whatnot.....or just leave it grey......but if anyone has some input, I'll take it!

ALMOST ready to tackle these GRUEA-7's!

Pixx soon of the tub.

Thanks again.

Well I think I gotta go with the tub like it is.......

tub11.jpg

tub10.jpg

tub8.jpg

tub7.jpg

tub9.jpg

:woot.gif: yes I'm a little bugeyed after doing this thing! :cheers:

I won't put the front IP/coaming assy in until the fuse is ready for the tub.

Haven't got the airframe corrections kit yet, but I found out today what has to be ground away for authenticity. Thanks, Joe.

Bang seats are next.

Stay loony tooned.