Well I was disgusted to see that the BB cockpit kit I bought didn't include loop handles for the ejection seats! So I had to make them.......I donno how good it's gonna be....I'll post some pixx when I'm done.

I'm looking for info on painting the bang seats up...that is next. Then I'm gonna try to get the tub mounted and the fuse buttoned up.

Stay loony tooned.

Thanks for the kind words men! I appreciate it.

I am on a bit of a hiatus here......expect I'll be getting back into it in a week or so.

Been seeing pixx of Q-2 birds with black speedbrakes that have holes in them. This R/M kit has the parts included in the kit, but no place to install them on the fuse.......it's molded smooth. DARE I cut an opening and then try to build the recessed compartment?? hehehehe I had a fit when I had to build ejection loops for the BB tub kit!

Stay tooned.

Thanks for the kind words men! I appreciate it.

I am on a bit of a hiatus here......expect I'll be getting back into it in a week or so.

Been seeing pixx of Q-2 birds with black speedbrakes that have holes in them. This R/M kit has the parts included in the kit, but no place to install them on the fuse.......it's molded smooth. DARE I cut an opening and then try to build the recessed compartment?? hehehehe I had a fit when I had to build ejection loops for the BB tub kit!

Stay tooned.

You might want to double check the pictures and make sure they are not EA-6As. So far as I know, no EA-6Bs ever had the fuselage speedbrakes.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got the workbench back and I hit it today after a 2 week layoff. I got some information from Kolja.......thanks Karl......and I turned to on the arresting hook piece and the ALE-39 expendables dispenser. I tried to take those little rectangular areas with the raised bump matrix and drill out all those bumps with a #80. I got 1 side done and promptly mucked the other up! So the plan is to mill those areas thru, and add a sheet of styrene from underneth to form empty boxes.

I ordered the decals.....I haven't ordered the airframe corrections kit yet, but I have everything marked off that has to go and this w/e I am gonna be a styrene milling fool.

Donno if I am gonna find some seamless suckers for this baby.......I guess I have some time yet before I have to make the decision.

Thanks ALL for your help to this point!

Pics to follow....stay loony tooned!!

Well along with chopping up a pile of firewood today, I finally made some freekin' PROGRESS on this puppy. Felt good to siddown and get something done after 2 weeks.

A milling fool....yes I am indeed.....with styrene shavings all over the phloor! I wasn't lyin'....there are 17 bits on this kit that need to be milled away and 2 scoops that need the openings drilled out, ( and if you hold the drill at the right angle when drilling from inside out you won't drill into the fuselage directly in front of the opening of the scoop! ) and I did them ALL!

Now is the time to get the sandpaper and the putty out and try to get everything smooooooooooth.

I also chopped up a bit of styrene to form the bottom of the NOW EMPTY ALE-39 expendables dispenser bay!

Got all the bang seat rocket motors painted the appropriate colors, ( thanks Kolja! ) I'm not gonna install them babies until I get the thing close to being done. If I break them face curtain loops off 1 more time.........

I am also trying not to break off the doggone refueling probe! Man, I tend to break things that are hanging off in the breeze during construction, so I schlapped a piece of bloooo tape onnit to try to keep it from going byebye.

Whaddya xpect frum a Marine..........

Pixx tomorrow I think......stay loony tooned.

They may have swapped during the few years after Tailhook 1991 and Gondola incident in 1993 and keep like that until recently when they swapped to something more aggressive. A few squadrons have done that. I know that VA-196 has at various times been know as either the "Main Battery" or the "Milestones" yet they still keeped thier ace of spades and orange background. A couple of skippers liked the name Milestones better. The same is probably true of the Panthers. You could try and write thier Publice Affairs Officer and get a complete command history pamphlet from them usually for free of charge.

Oh here are a couple pictures I found digging around on the internet.

DN-ST-94-01884.JPG

Circa 1993 NAF Andrews

DN-ST-94-01897.JPG

Circa 1993 NAF Andrews

They went to Panthers AROUND mid-90s - as you can see in the pictures they still had their traditional identity in 93. By the time I got to Pensacola in 98 they were the Panthers, and around 2000-2001 they were chagning to the Insane Clown Posse or whatever the hell they are now.

• 2 weeks later...

WE BACK!!! DAYUMN......din't know how much I'd miss it till it was hacked off........

ANYWAY..... :thumbsup:

Some pixx......been movin pretty slow for various reasons.......

ea6bfuse.jpg

ea6bfuse1.jpg

After these were taken, I realized that there was more that had to be hacked away to accommodate the wing fold kit....the ramp lookin dealies aft of the large slot for locating the kit wings.

Then I got a call from Bob the head sucker of Seamless Suckers. Nice guy. We talked for awhile, and ultimately I got me a set of suckers for this baby! Well, after hacking and milling away the openings for the intakes, I can see that I got a LOT and I mean a LOT of fitting and milling and hacking to do to get these babies in there underneath that BB tub kit. Shoulda put em in before I glued the fuse up, I know. But Bob called me a week after I got it put together. I didn't think I was gonna get em.

Well TODAY, In the mail, I got me the CE airframe corrections kit!! Can u say Holy ItShay, Batman??? DAMN there's a LOTTA little teenee weenee parts in this boxx. The freekin wingfold kit is just as bad.

Gonna have to get the parts eating floor monster in check before ripping this part of the project open.

Man, with all the resin this beech is gonna have, It's gonna WEIGH IN as a heavyweight!!

I think I gotta get the intakes in, and then the major airframe parts so I can tackle the rescribe.

Got me my Q-2 Panther decals right here also, and I am gonna tackle a TPS.

:cheers: whew......anyway....good to be back men! Stay loony tooned! :lol:

Well I said to myself, "SELF", I said.....,"why are you building a Q-2 Prowler when you don't know if Q-2 has ever been to SEA." So I did some research, and looked thru ALL the deployments of ALL the aircraft carriers, and I found that Q-2 was detached to the America from May to July of 82, and from March to Sept of 86. Well, that's when they were the Bunnies. I ain't buildin a stinkin BUNNY. SO....I have decided to see if I can get some 48th scale USS AMerica markings and continue on with my Panther build.

With all the detail the kit is gonna have, can I make a Panther that flew off the America???

<hehehe let's see what kinda crap I catch over THIS now!> :thumbsup:

I seem to recall Darren's article mentioning there was some "persuasion" involved in getting the Seemless Suckers to fit in with the BB cockpit, but it's obviously do-able. Work slow and be patient, and I think you'll pull it off just fine...

Well, I am in another buildfunk of sorts. My MIL lives with us, and she is an elderly lady who finds herself hospitalized again. This time she may not come home to us. We put the computer on my workbench for the time being because of all the hooplah. Gotta get this thing off my bench and back downstairs. Then I can get back into it.

I got a feeling this 1 build is gonna take me the full duration of the GB.

Just like to take a moment and say thanks to all who have helped me with this thing. I've gotten a lotta encouragement, tips and information, and I appreciate it, one and all.

Stay loony tooned.

Yes indeed the resin chips are FLYIN over here! MMmmmmmmresinchips......smells and machines like SOAP!

Got a LITTLE carried away with the endmill in some places and milled thru the phloor of the tub....but that's ok.....putty is a wonderful thing.

:wave:

Got 1 sucker pretty much fitted. Now I gotta wait for the nice boarding ladder that I had all painted up red and washed dirty to set.......can't display it in the down position with Bob's suckers installed, ya see.

:crying:

Methinks the suckers are gonna leave me a little wide at the forward end of the part #11, 60 & 61 undercarriage assembly. We shall see.

Pixx to follow when I get these babies installed. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...