Hey Sarge,

Sorry to hear about your MIL!! :( . I know better than to think that a little ole PROWLER is kicking your BUTT.. NOW GO GET EM SOLDIER!!!! :banana:

KICK A** and take names later LOLOLOL!!!

Jack aka BUGFAN

THEY'RE IN!

Yes, that's right, I finally got the intakes in place and the bottom of the fuse closed up.

At this point I would like to say that if you're gonna attempt resin intakes AND a cockpit kit....DON'T DO what I did! Ya gotta get that intake, or those intakes, in place before you put the fuselage together.

I had to mill the OD of the intakes as well as the underside of the cockpit PAPER THIN to get the parts to go together, and it was no picnic doing it with the fuselage together. I musta dryfit them parts in and out about a million times before I got them thin enough to go together!

WELL YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS NOW.........after a brief PARTY time, its now PUTTY time!

Pixel be up when I get this fuse smoothed out a bit.

I hope this wingfold kit will be a bit easier.

• 2 weeks later...

An update........I got the tailhook into the fuse from underneath without too much trouble OR putty. So now I'm getting the rough putty work done on everything I have installed, and then its gonna be scribing time. YES I am gonna atteempt it with this build........I feel confident that I can do it if I just remember some of the kind tips I was given in the thread I posted on the Tips board......namely TAKE MY TIME and don't scribe with too much pressure.

We shall see.....stay loony tooned......

An update....the reccribing has begun! Can you say, "Oh my GOD?!?!?!?!" Yes this is tedious........I'm gonna try to do 10 lines a day.......at that rate, I should have the rescribing done by the 1 March deadline!

I gotta seriously kick it up a notch if I am gonna get this baby done in time.........now that the holidays are over, I got my workbench back!

Pixx to follow.......stay loony tooned!

ratzratzRATZ.......well I noticed that my intakes have a few flaws that I am just gonna have to live with. Seems the portside sucker extends farther forward than the starboard side, and the starboard side is kicked out away from the fuselage a bit more than it should be along the bottom edge.

OH WELL.....

Scribing is coming along nicely......10 lines per day...... gettin ready to tackle the SMALL stuff......

pixx to follow.....