:lol: I think the mods will open a section dedicated to the Eagle very soon.

Myquestions, 1) is there a 1/32 decal sheet for a Lakenheath F-15C in the new ModEagle scheme or is the Astradecal sheet appropriate. To me this sheet looks to be still applicable to the previous light grey scheme. I just checked on airliners.net and those jets look really gorgeous in that new scheme. Gonna build my Tamiya as a Lakenheath bird.

2) Are those atennas on the bottom/top of the nose equal distances from the radome (i.o.w. are they line up vertically when viewed from the side)?.

3)Any pics of a close up of these antennas?

4)False/correct-F-15C carry their AIM120's on the inside while F-15E's carry them on the outside of the wing pylons.

5)Can anyone advise me as to the story with the slimelights on MSIP machines?(different version/position).

Thanks for yr patience guys :cheers:

Pierre

Answers:

#1 Astra is the only way to go at the moment,the jets on the sheet are in the Mod-Eagle scheme....the markings provided are accurate to mid-2004 as the 493FS now use a new "retro" sqn patch...hopefully we will see a new sheet sometime in the future with updated LN markings(Scott & Mike are you reading this! :lol: )

#2 yes the are equal distances..

#3 i think i've got some pics,if not checkout the walkarounds here on ARC

#4 Correct the F-15C can carry the Slammers on the inside rails unlike their F-15E cousins who have clearence issues with the distance between the rail/missle & CFT

#5 they only change in the slime light is the one on rear fuselage/starboard side with was change to the F-15E type...

i think that everything,if you have any more questions feel free to ask

cheers,

Gary F-15 Freak :cheers:

#5 they only change in the slime light is the one on rear fuselage/starboard side with was change to the F-15E type...

Mungo,

A head's up on this one; Ken Middleton has posted pictures showing Otis A models with the modified formation strip light on the left side. Purely a guess, but most likely the stocks of the old strip lights are running out, so they are using E model strip lights all around.

Regards,

Murph

Mungo,

A head's up on this one; Ken Middleton has posted pictures showing Otis A models with the modified formation strip light on the left side. Purely a guess, but most likely the stocks of the old strip lights are running out, so they are using E model strip lights all around.

Regards,

Murph

Hi Murph,

This is true,but i was just trying to explain the original change to the starboard side,yes many of them do have them on the portside now,but also many don't....just comes down to get references on a certain tail number i guess :thumbsup:

Answers:

#1 Astra is the only way to go at the moment,the jets on the sheet are in the Mod-Eagle scheme....the markings provided are accurate to mid-2004 as the 493FS now use a new "retro" sqn patch...hopefully we will see a new sheet sometime in the future with updated LN markings(Scott & Mike are you reading this! :worship: )

#2 yes the are equal distances..

#3 i think i've got some pics,if not checkout the walkarounds here on ARC

#4 Correct the F-15C can carry the Slammers on the inside rails unlike their F-15E cousins who have clearence issues with the distance between the rail/missle & CFT

i think that everything,if you have any more questions feel free to ask

cheers,

Gary F-15 Freak :thumbsup:

Yes we are reading this...watch this space :cheers:

Mike