The pics look like the old Gunstar that was offered by MIM about 5 years ago (of which I have one) right down to the stand. Is that the same kit with some tweaks? Only previous change I was aware of was going from a solid casted model to a hollow cast one to cut the weight down as the original could be classified as a deadly weapon since it was so heavy. ;)

It is the MIM model that Randy patterened. And a great kit at that. it's gotta be about 1ft sq. so pretty massive. Randy added lights and a few extra details (rails around the back guns are one)

I've been itching to put mine together, I've had it for a year or so, it has to be one of my favourite Sci-Fi ships of all time, so I don't want to screw it up.

WOW, a Gunstar! The Last Starfighter is one of my favorite scifi movies. I too thought the CGI effects they did back in the 80's were awsome that still stand to this day.

The Gunstar looks great! I always wanted a model of one, IMO better than many of the Star Wars vehicles. Would be interested in any further info on your Gunstar. :thumbsup: