My first custom Decals

HIya

heres my first attempt at cutom decals!

These are 1/144 DRAAF roundals for Afghan Mig-21s/Su-22s. colour seperations not great, but itl do at this scale! <_< is realy ment for 72 and 48, but *meh* :P

my modelshop had some decal paper for inkjets and i finaly got it working :wacko: (the duds on the left are because my printers blue nozel was clogged)

my modelshop guys told me i have to coat the decals with humbel matt cote (the decal spray issnt availble here in the boonies!) anyone have expirence and can comment? i put a light coat on a test decal, but it broke up in water...the sheet says 2 coats, will that be enough?

regards

Raymond

afgh7uj.jpg

raymond, why don't you try finding a colour laser printer or someone who has one. prints sharper you know.

what do you use to draw? i've got some afghan, iraqi and syrian roundels and numbers in illustrator i can give if you want. it basically in 1/72 but i can shrink it to your favourite scale.

Edited by aidy

Hiya!

:D Wow! thanks Aidy, that woudl be ausome!! Im still learnign how to design my roundalls! sadly ive only got a inkjet printer and the paper wont work on laser!

in 144 they shoudl be about 26pixels in size :cheers:

thanks again, cant wait to try them out! :)

regards

raymond

Microscale Liquid Decal Film smears inkjet decals if applied with a brush. But if you apply a very fine layer, in one single stroke (no back & forward), and let it dry before applying a heavier coat, you could get a strong enough barrier against water.

Today I abandonned Microscale, and spray a matte lacquer from a spray can. It works great.

- Pierre

Edited by Scalephantomphixer

Hiya guys!

cheers for the tips :worship:

well aidy sent me soem DRAAF Roundalls so my decal sheet idea is complete...still need to check with him about use of his? roundalls.....but i thought youd liek a look......the print verry sweet :worship:

im using humbrol matt varnish....good results, thin film & matt decals! :banana:

regards

Raymond