What are the scales of Gundam kits? And approx. How large (in inches) a gundam figure comes out in each scale.

Hope this makes sense.

TIA

Z.S.

Well the main scales (Bandai produced kits) are: 1/60, 1/100 and 1/144 and the size of the kit depends on the size of the Mecha in the show :banana:

I hope that helps a little!

:banana:

Damian

Zmey,

The breakdown is something like this:

FG (First Grade) and HG (High Grade) are 1/144th scale, and the models come out about 6 inches tall for an 'average' mecha like Gundam, Zaku, Gouf, etc. These kits have good articulation, but aren't highly detailed.

:P

MG (Master Grade) are 1/100th scale, come out about 9 inches tall, have improved articulation, and lots of detailing. These make the best quality models for the prices, in my opinion.

:redx:

PG (Perfect Grade) are 1/60th scale, stand over a foot tall, and have TONS of detail. The PG kits often include parts to make interior skeletons, armatures, etc. but they also cost alot more for that reason.

:redx:

Hope this helps!

Tony

Edited by RotorheadTX

A little addendum to that- The current crop of Gundam Seed in 1/144 are probably intended for a much younger audience. They are pre-coloured and well detailed but have much less articulation- to the extent that arms and legs are single non moving constructs. And cheap.

There are/were also odd scale kits of the older Gundam series. I've got a 1/220 scale Marasai. And you get tiny 1/550 Gundam 'figures' to give scale to starship sized 'mobile armours' like the Nieu Ziel and Val-Walo.