Ha! I finally had some plastic time today! hahahaha!!!

so I built me a 1/72 MiG29C, Eastern Express.

Take a look here:

WebShots Page

Look for the MiG 05 Build folder.

It is half done, the cockpit will receive a PE set that I ordered only today, so will be completed in a few weeks.

REVISED:

Finished building the MIG31.

Take a look, construction is 95% complete, just need to putty up some things and then paint. In same folder.

I got me a new airbrush, so now I can continue working on the rest of the MiG fleet. work was stopped because the Pasche Milenium I had has died :P.

So look it and please add it as another entry for me. It will be completed before the end of this month.

:worship:

Said

Edited by Shark
  • 2 weeks later...

A week later, more progress.

I got the PE for the MiG29 in 1/72, which am painting tonight.

I painted the Red Devils MiG 29UB tonight. Since it will have a finish color of bright red, I gave it an under coat of Tamiya gloss white.

It was airbrushed with a $5 airbrush that work AWESOME!!!!!! much better than the defunct Pasche Milenium. Paint never clogged, paint flow never stopped, never had spider-web sprays or paint build up on the tip.

Anyway, the jet is preshaded, painted Tamiya white and in a week it will be painted Tamiya red. The cockpit is being painted separately and will be inserted at the end (I figured out how to do this with the jet already built, haha!).

This is my best effort at painting something white and am stoked.

Take a look:

Web Shots file

It's at the bottom of the MiG build 05 folder.

Said

Edited by Shark

Hi all! :D

today I must have spent about 5 hours working on the Red Devil Manga Mig29UB.

It's painted red now, built, landing gear restaured, scratch built lost pieces.

the landing gears were redone (were broken originaly), then hand painted, with a very good brush and a very steady hand.

next I have to finish the cockpit (danged PE, won't come out right), install it. then add pilons, make and paint engines, add aerials, wash, decal and so on. But this one will be done in a few more weekends.

take a look:

Web Shots album - please visit Mig Build Folder.

This kit was my first Fulcrum. I bought it because I liked the colors on the box. I included pics of the second of 3 schemes I've given this kit.

For this built, I stripped the paint, took it appart, rebuilt it and so on.

Said

ps: the Mig 31 from Lindberg is a dog. I hear is very innacurate too. I redid all panel lines, all rivet lines and all surface detail ... then I heard there are no pannel lines or rivets on the real thing. I saw some pics that look very much like panel lines and rivets ... so it's done now. It will be completed right after the Red Devil. Mid November sounds about right.

The Mig 21Bis is coming along. Cockpit was painted that green color, will let it sit for a week, then will detail it. It's resin, so it should look right fine.

The MiG29C - the PE issue. the cockpit is PE and I suck at painting/detailing PE. Once that hurdle is done, I'll finish it in a week. Also late Nov since I need a set of decals that I hope Zmey can donate (yes, the set you offered but dumm *** me said no to. haha!).

At least one of the Mig 29A's will be completed. Need to redo all resin cockpits (long story) and this derailed them all and set me back on all them 29A's.

anyhow. please enjoy the pics. comments?

Said

Edited by Shark

Update #20

Today was Fulcrum day (nothing wrong with that!)

I finished these:

Red Devil:

1. 2 PE cockpit details for Red Devil

2. 2 cockpits for Red Devil (painted, detailed, dry brushed)

3. Installed 3 cockpits in the plane without ungluing it (it wasn't that hard)

4. scratch built front landing gear support, painted it, and installed it too.

Red Devil needs:

Aerials, wash, decals, engines

MiG29A's

1. Painted 3 29A's cockpits; 1 NeOmega, 2 Aires

2. detailed, dry brushed and gave them all a wash

3. fixed one more Aires resin cockpit, dry brushed and washed it too.

4. finished detailing and installed 2 Aires PE instruments into 2 of the above

5. Installed the NeOmega cockpit, and 1 of the Aires cockpits.

so now I have 3 offices (1 NeOmega, 2 Aires) finished and installed. I need to finish the PE instruments for the 3rd Aires office and some more detailing for it.

I am not too sure I'll finish any of these Fulcrums in time, but it was fun messing with them today.

Here are the pics:

Web Shots Page

under MiG Build folder.

Hope these updates are not anoying the hell out of the group.

Said

Sunday update.

Finished construction on the first of 4 29A's.

It is ready for painting. no aerials attached since they depend on what decals I'll used (thus it will have early or late aerials).

Enjoy.

Web Shots - under MiG Build 05

Now look, this is the first Fulcrum I've built in 5 years. I know it's not perfect, but hey, I had fun anyhow.

Cockpit is missing some pieces that I usually leave to the end. engines will be resin engines. wheel struts will have added wire, etc, but will be attached last.

Said

Edited by Shark