Gunze drying time?

Yesterday, I airbrushed the top color gray on my A-4B using Gunze paints cut with Mr Color Thinner. Today (24hrs later) I picked up the model to peel off the masking tape and left a finger print in the not yet completely dry paint!!! How long does Gunze take to dry? Isn't Mr Color Thinner the company recommended thinner for Gunze?

Next time I'll try rubbing alcohol but would like some answers for the current situation.

Thanks,

Rodney

I have found that if they are not stirred well, Gunze paints can take quite a while to dry, especially the ones that dry to a glossy finish.

And are you using the Gunze Aqueous or Gunze Mr. Color line of paints? Rubbing alcohol will be fine for the Aqueous paints, but not the Mr. Color.

Rodney,

I had the same problem a few years back with the Gunze. I believe (if i remeber correctly) it was from whatever thinner I was using at the time. I switched to always using Tamiya's thinner on both Tamiya and Gunze paints and haven't had a problem since.

Scott

I am using Gunze Aqueous paint and it is coming out to a very glossy finish. I'll have to check it again today when I get home from work. I'm just hoping that this isn't an indefinate thing.

Scott, I'll have to try it sometime using the Tamiya thinner. I prefer Tamiya paints but they don't have the modern color ranges that I need.

Thanks,

Rodney

Gunze Aquaeous pain should only go with Gunze aquaeous thinner. I use gunze lacquers and they dry hard and totally within 20 minutes of application. As a lacquer they dry from the inside-out so when it is dry onthe surfact, it is dry! Enamels dry from the outside in so if the surface is dry, the inside may not. Best way to tell is by sniffing it. No smell= no more evaporation = completely dry.

Have fun