Mi-8 Hip Interior Colors

Hi All,

I just picked up a 1/72 Revell Mi-8T Hip (nice looking kit BTW) and was wondering what the cockpit and cargo colors were. I'm also looking for some cool markings ideas. Something African comes to mind.

Cheers and TIA,

Albert,

It's not a bad kit at all and is infact a rebox from Zvezda. The only problems are that the front is abit off and I think the the only real fit issue is with the the engine housing.

Interior colours may vary depending on the variant and ofcourse the operator but I think it is mostly a light/pale grey interior with classic blue/green instrument panels. However as you will see from the pictures and links they may also have padded interiors.

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=mi-8+ins...gate.php?id=798

Cargo%20bay%202.jpg

Cargo%20door%20RH%20inside.jpg

In terms of schemes and markings:

http://racc.com.sapo.pt/Mi8_1/

http://racc.com.sapo.pt/Mi8_2/

However please be aware of the differences between Hip version and what you can and can't build, It tends to catch alot of people out, clue: look at the engine housings. ;)

Plenty of pics easily available online so please don't rely on profiles for all the details. Most notably is that not all will feature the under tail mounted countermeauses moulded on the kit, which you may wish to try and remove.

HTH

Hello,

but be carefull - the old Mi-8T had usually black cockpit. The green one is used with the new version Mi-8MT, which is Mi-17...

Doesn't the Mi-17 have the tail rotor on the oposite side?

Here's a scheme I bet you haven't seen and is unlike anything you planned:

main-hips.jpg

It´s a Mil Mi-8MTV-1 from the Mexican PFP (Policia Federal Preventiva).

Mexican Air Force (FAM) also uses Mi-8s but in a overall dark green scheme.

And Mexican Navy uses Mi-17s in a cool camo scheme:

http://www.scramble.nl/mil/8/mexico/gfx/photos/orbat-hip.jpg

Decals at www.aztecmodels.com

Hello,

but be carefull - the old Mi-8T had usually black cockpit. The green one is used with the new version Mi-8MT, which is Mi-17...

Doesn't the Mi-17 have the tail rotor on the oposite side?

Here's a scheme I bet you haven't seen and is unlike anything you planned:

main-hips.jpg

It´s a Mil Mi-8MTV-1 from the Mexican PFP (Policia Federal Preventiva).

Mexican Air Force (FAM) also uses Mi-8s but in a overall dark green scheme.

And Mexican Navy uses Mi-17s in a cool camo scheme:

http://www.scramble.nl/mil/8/mexico/gfx/photos/orbat-hip.jpg

Decals at www.aztecmodels.com

MI8mexico3.gif

<_<

1. This container content DISS-2V device, it is doppler navigation system.

2. Ken, that photo of my revew - it is shot of original Zvezda canopy, its showned all mistake this part.

3. Colour of cockpit is Blue\Grey FS 26493, sometimes (in last built Mi-17) Light Grey FS 26375.

4. As cockpit i recomended Heliborne resin sets, see LH site.

and 4. In a few days in market will go new Begemot decals (printing process is done, now is packing process)

part 1 - Mi-8 marking, 13 variations

Edited by kotey

Yes, DISS-15, of course, just asking about chaff and flare dispenser - that system named ASO-2V, so i "combined" names of two system.

To Albert Moore - i'm like this site and forum and asking about things, what i know, not difficult for me.

Edited by kotey
  • 2 years later...

hello, i have the revell mi-8t that i'm trying to finish, and i've seen pix of mi-8 with black and sometimes green instrument panels and interior colors. it has been mentioned in this old thread that for early versions they were colored black and later ones had green. how do i know if the revell kit is the early or late one?

also, what's the difference between mi-8t and MT?

thanks

and part 3 - Mi-8\17 stencil, all elements for:

- main and tail rotor;

- cargo cockpit;

- extarnal surface;

- stencil for 9 types of extarnal armament

Andrey,

Are you planning to release these decals in 1/35 aswell? Are they an improved version from the ones you sent me before?

Are there any markings for particular Hips in Russian service from Afghanistan?

Please tell us more!!!!

Andy

Privet, Andy.

Actually we long time ago planning make 1/35 Mi-8 decals - marking sheme and stencil, stencil 1\35 we printing, but it was limited edition - for one private customers, it is owner of small helicopter (Mi-8 used) company.

Probably in next year we'l made 1\35 Mi-8 decals, but i can't garantied promiced its.