Okay buddy, what's on your mind?

Woo hoo! Just completed my entry for this build; a Monogram F-5E converted into a MiG-28.

Name: Chris Teet

Kit: 1/48th Monogram F-5E Tiger II converted to MiG-28

As stated above, this is a 1/48th Monogram F-5E converted into a MiG-28 from the movie 'Top Gun'. The kit is completely OOB save for two AIM-9L's borrowed from a Revellogram F/A-18C kit to replace the kit-supplied older-model Sidewinders with the squared-off front fins. I also added the centerline pylon with nothing on it, since if you look closely when the MiGs are forming up to go engage the Tomcats in the movie, at least one of the single-seaters does have an empty centerline pylon. This is also the first model I completed with no decals at all; the red star/yellow ring symbol on the tail is hand-painted, as I couldn't find any decals for this marking. Aside from that, the trickiest part of this kit was the canopy, as the clear part didn't want to line up with the frame very well. Aside from this, it was a very easy kit, and my first one purchased off of eBay as well.

Edited by Chris_Teet