Phantastic Custom Decals!!

To all my fellow modellers in search of custom decals. I am in the process of having a 'custom' set of decals for a 113th Tactical Figher Wing 1:48 F-4D. The man behind this phabulous project is Vince Maddeux of VMDecals.com. This guy is phenomenal, and has created a "hot" sheet for me to do this long-desired model. So, if you have that special unit, maybe unique to your state, shoot Vince an email, and you will be genuinely happy with the end results :)

well I know that I simply attached an image of the jet in question for him to do, along with sending an attachement of the unit squadron badges on the aircraft, and he had it drawn up in a couple of days. You may know this already too, however, if you send him what you want, he may be able to do it

I think you may want to reconsider getting Vince to do your decals. His decals are pretty low quality eventhough he has an ALPS printer. My friend Jerry had to wait over a year and a half for a job Vince said he could do in "a couple days"...

And to boot, my friend and i both tried contacting Vince on several occasions, and the only time Vince ever responded was when legal action was threatened. There are quite a few guys on the boards here who can hook you up with custom decals and deliver when they say they can.

Just food for thought..

Edited by VF-103guy

Well guys, that's proabably more "heat" blown, than that created by a BONE on maximum takeoff :wacko: But I have an solution, let me post the images of my VMdecals 113th TFW F-4 when it's completed, and then we can have the www define QUALITY :wacko:

Hey Brian,

I don't know your history with Vince, but I can't complain about him or his decals, I purchased that F-2 sheet and had no problem applying them .

I would like to understand why you pick that much on him, you have my e-mail ...

:thumbsup:

Stef

Hey Brian,

I don't know your history with Vince, but I can't complain about him or his decals, I purchased that F-2 sheet and had no problem applying them .

I would like to understand why you pick that much on him, you have my e-mail ...

:thumbsup:

Stef

Mainly because he ripped a close personal friend of mine off big time, plain and simple. Nothing more nothing less.

OK, Yes, I have made some mistakes and I have mad so people mad at me, I am deeply sorry for that and I am working on turning things around. I'm working on speeding things up and trying to make amiens for things I've screwed up.

I'm not perfect but I'm trying.

Brian, I'll say it here in public, I'm sorry for the mess I made fout of Jerry's decals. Maybe I should have learned abit more about what I was doing before I took on that project, I thought I knew it all at the time and I didn't, Now, many more decal sheets later I've learned ten times more about printing decals. I alos learned not to bit off more then I could chew, so I put college aside for now so I can work on decals and take better care of my costumers. I can't think of what eles to do.

Guys please hang in there with me, I'm work my *** off to turn things around. I working till 4 am at night now to get orders cought up and change the image of VMDECALS.

I started doing this as away to give back to the modeling commity for what I I have learned over the pass 25 years form other modelers like you.

I may not be the brightest bulb of the bunch,but I never did anything with ill intent .I do now I have a skill that I would like to share with others. Anyone have ideas or suggestion please let me know.

Thanks

Vince

V