Yellow Flight takes wing

Yellow flight took wing for the first time last night. I still have tweaking of the stands to do to get them all in the right attitude, but this is close enough to go to paint with.

As expected, once the cockpits and pilots were done, the remaining construction flew together. The only change I made this time around was to attach the uper wing surfaces to the fuselage first, then lower wing was attached once they were dry. This made sure the wing root fit was near perfect, no filler required, without having to force some dihedral to close any gaps.

I had a minor crisis attaching the canopies. 2 of the cockpits were inserted too far so the headrest sat too high. This comes from having to fiddle and force the things in with the pilot figures in. If I did this again I would attach the throttles to the pilots hand, rather than the sidewalls. Luckily I was able to run a #11 blade down the side of the seat frame and detach it from the sidewall so I could drop it down into the right position.

Cheers,

Matt

Yellow Flight forming up.

3Ship.jpg

TakkaTakka.jpg