Tamiya F-16CJ fit problems...

The kit has gone together well, except for that removeable part between the fuselage and the turkey feathers. I have a 1mm or so gap all the way around, and no matter how I jockey things, it will not fir tighter. This kit isn't intended to be a contest winner, but i would like for it to be presentable. Does anyone have any tips? Help? Please?

Well, actually I also suffered this problem on my Tamiya F-16CJ kit.

I haven't figured out the best solution for this.

My kit also suffered some fiting problem on the MLG wheel bay assembly. Dunno why, but the undercarriage parts doesn't seem to fit well with the MLG wheel bay, it doesn't make an even surface with the lower fuselage joint.

It ended up with I sanded someparts on the MLG wheel bay.

I had the same problem too. After much playing around, I found that the horizontal edges of this part that rested against the lower fuseulage were too high. Some carful sanding here reduced this to a near perfect fit. I wish I could give you guys some pictures, but I am at college, and the bird is at home. Hope this helps though.

Eric

That's about what I had to do, but I never got it to line up just right. I don't really care about this one. It's going to Huntsville on Staurday anyway.