MiG-25PD "Foxbat-E" UkrAF

I've been *slowly* working on my second entry for the group build - a MiG-25PD "Foxbat-E" of the Ukrainian Air Force, using the venerable 1/72nd Hasegawa kit. Markings will be from the Hi-Decal sheet 720028 MiG-25 Foxbat A/E, as in the attached photo. I've also found a color profile of "Blue 56" which is depicted with the Hi-Decal markings. Other than the aftermarket decals, it will be an out-of-the-box build.

Edited by Backfire

I've assembled the main fuselage and am presently in the process of rescribing the panel lines, since this kit has raised panel lines.

MiG-25%20Scribing%201%20Small.jpg

MiG-25%20Scribing%202%20Small.jpg

The scribing tools I'm using include a #11 blade, a sewing machine needle in a pin vise, and Bare Metal Foil scribing tool.

Scribing%20Tools%201%20Small.jpg

I've also completed some of the smaller parts (i.e. burner cans, landing gear).

MiG-25%20Parts%20Small%202.jpg

Hi Keith,

Looking good.

Looking forward to see this bird.!

How is the kit?

Joachim

Thanks Joachim - how's your MiG-21 coming along?

The kit has fit problems and requires lots of filling and sanding. There are some large ejector pins marks which also require filling, and the kit has fine raised panel lines. The cockpit interior is almost non-existent (there is not even a control stick included). Some parts (i.e. burner cans) are really inaccurate. But in 1/72nd scale it's either this kit or the bad Hobbycraft one! A very good review is here:

http://modelingmadness.com/reviews/viet/rybak25.htm

Keith

Hi Keith,

Looking good.

Looking forward to see this bird.!

How is the kit?

Joachim

Thanks Joachim - how's your MiG-21 coming along?

The kit has fit problems and requires lots of filling and sanding. There are some large ejector pins marks which also require filling, and the kit has fine raised panel lines. The cockpit interior is almost non-existent (there is not even a control stick included). Some parts (i.e. burner cans) are really inaccurate. But in 1/72nd scale it's either this kit or the bad Hobbycraft one! A very good review is here:

http://modelingmadness.com/reviews/viet/rybak25.htm

Keith

Hi Keith,

It's a verry slooooooooowwwww proces. I'm verry bussy with my work and privet life.

I have to give the underside 1 layer of paint.

Do some little detail paint work.

Decalling and off course a coatjob vernis.

Also i have the 1/48 Mig-29 Ukrainian USA/Canada tour demo from Academy on the workbench.

greetings

• 2 weeks later...
Some parts (i.e. burner cans) are really inaccurate.

I believe I've read somewhere that long-feathered Phantom cans in 1/48th are much closer to the real thing in 1/72nd than the Hasegawa kit items...

HTH,

Andre

• 1 month later...

Well, I managed to finished up my MiG-25 "Blue 56" recently. I finished it with Modelmaster, Tamiya, and Gunze acrylics, with a future overcoat. After decalling and weathering I airbrushed on a coat of Pollyscale flat.

Keith

Edited by Backfire

Thanks very much Sean! All paints were airbrushed acrylics - Modelmaster aircraft gray for the main fuselage, a Gunze mixture for the green areas, and for the metallic areas at the rear I used Tamiya titanium silver, metallic brown and gunmetal. I also used a light wash of enamel gunship gray for weathering, and enamel black for some panel lines. Everything was primed first with Tamiya surface primer.

Cheers,

Keith

• 2 weeks later...