Championship Hawgs

Hey, Ken.  How'd you do your single-rail Maverick launcher?  Is it a cut-down triple-rail? 

Have they done ANG jets in "championship" schemes for other teams,  even in other states?  Or did the Mass. ANG do it because it's such a frickin miracle?

RHK, yes, the single launchers are from the triple ones in the kit. I had glued the triples together, and painted them, only to realize that I had placed the outer ones on upside down. They have curved arms, and I had them curving down, and should curve up. When I went to attach the 2 slanted missiles, the fins were hitting.

So out came the razor saw, and I cut off the 2 side rails. I did not add the small "wings" for the anti-sway braces as this was an emergency, late night fix. :blink:

But, after doing these, it should be a fairly easy job, just use the 2 outer rails from the triple assembly.

Here's a shot of one

Other teams....I thought I heard of a Baltimore Ravens Hawg from the 175th....Craig Baumer's unit.

Hey Ken-

Great-looking Hogs you have there!  You sure have mastered the in-flight display.

Just a minor nit-pick that nobody at HQ would even notice:  on 644, the jamming pod and sidewinder rails should swap stations (DRA on 11, ALQ on 1).  And don't worry about the -119 not being a -184, they look pretty close, especially the long version.

Great work!

-Tom

Hey Tom,

Thanks! I was wondering about the stations, and did that one differently because of the Pats jets layout. Are they hard-wired that way, and is it possible to have them switched?

Thanks

Ken

Hey Ken-

To be honest, I don't know if they still are wired (my guess is yes). Back when they first got DRA's, they were carried on Sta. 1. It seems pretty standard these days, though, to have the jammer on 1 and the DRA on 2.

Looking forward to a NY Yankees scheme...

-Tom

Thanks for the info Tom.

Perhaps the C-5s from Stewart can add the Yankees logo - I know Steve Filak did a photoshop pic of one. :blink:

Nice job Ken! :blink:

Very clean displays!

I'm sure the recipients will love them.

Only one model for yourself in 7 years?

Even I've done more than...well, maybe not :thumbsup:

You should take a break and do one for yourself soon!

Chris :D

Nice job Ken! :thumbsup:

Very clean displays!

I'm sure the recipients will love them.

Only one model for yourself in 7 years?

Even I've done more than...well, maybe not :cheers:

You should take a break and do one for yourself soon!

Chris :woo:

thanks Chris! yeah - just one - a British Tornado.

I find I can focus more if I do one for someone else. There are so many I'd like to do for myself, that I would probably never finish one. Besides, there are some really neat ANG units here in New England.

But I agree - I should build one for myself - a safe display place is another issue.

Cheers

Ken