Championship Hawgs

Having seen the prototypes at the Westfield Air Show this summer, those look schweeet!!  :lol:

Those decals came out great!  You should swing a deal with TwoBobs  B)

Thanks Brian!

Swing a deal....on the hockey ones? The Pats and Sox were made by Kedi Decals/Kursad right here on ARC.

I was not aware of that :lol:

Excellent decals, excellent finish :)

QUOTE] Having seen the p a deal....on the hockey ones? The Pats and Sox were made by Kedi Decals/Kursad right here on ARC.

I was not aware of that ;)

Excellent decals, excellent finish :cop:

You want some? I did a fresh reprint of all three of them: Red Sox, Patriots and now the Falcons.

Great work on those A-10s Ken. I especially like how you built them gears up in flight mode. :blink: Now looking foward in seeing the weapons underneath the wings.

I know many people say the A-10 is an "ugly" aircraft, but I really like the way they look, and like them better for what they can do.

thanks a bunch Raptor Supporter! My favorite shot of an A-10 is banked on its side with the bottom showing.

They both are done - I just need to take some pics. I wanted to do it outside, but it is supposed to rain for the next X number of days

another

Good to see the weapon on them Ken. I especially like this quarter and slightly below shot of it so some of the weapons are visible.

I see that you also have painted a false canopy there. That detail is much appreciated. I've seen how effective that actually is. On an exercise, I was on the ground and it almost made me barf trying to follow an A-10 once. :thumbsup:

another

Good to see the weapon on them Ken. I especially like this quarter and slightly below shot of it so some of the weapons are visible.

I see that you also have painted a false canopy there. That detail is much appreciated. I've seen how effective that actually is. On an exercise, I was on the ground and it almost made me barf trying to follow an A-10 once. :thumbsup:

thanks RS. I was pretty happy with low shot as well.

The false canopy is a decal this time, from the latest issue of the Revell A-10. It is a multiple piece set, and sort of a pain to apply. I typically paint the false canopy, and will continue to do so from now on. The decal in the kit is a blueish/grey, and sort of pixelated. It was tough to get it to conform over the bumps under there too. Painting it with a pattern mask is the way to go with gear up.

Like I mentioned previously, the underside shot of a real one banking is my favorite.

Almost barfed? really?!

Cheers

Ken

another

Almost barfed? really?!

Cheers

Ken

Oh yes (at least for me). :worship:

If they fly at a far away distance where it is more difficult to judge distance and there is two dancing around, sometimes I can't tell if they're coming or going or exactly what they're doing. When I was fixated onto them, I got dizzy and amost barfed!

A-10 pilots are good. :)

I still have an unbuilt Tamiya 1/48 A-10. If I ever get around to having it built, will take your advice and have the false canopy painted on rather than using a decal.

Hey Ken-

Great-looking Hogs you have there! You sure have mastered the in-flight display.

Just a minor nit-pick that nobody at HQ would even notice: on 644, the jamming pod and sidewinder rails should swap stations (DRA on 11, ALQ on 1). And don't worry about the -119 not being a -184, they look pretty close, especially the long version.

Great work!

-Tom

Hey Ken-

Great-looking Hogs you have there! You sure have mastered the in-flight display.

Just a minor nit-pick that nobody at HQ would even notice: on 644, the jamming pod and sidewinder rails should swap stations (DRA on 11, ALQ on 1). And don't worry about the -119 not being a -184, they look pretty close, especially the long version.

Great work!

-Tom

Hey Tom,

Thanks! I was wondering about the stations, and did that one differently because of the Pats jets layout. Are they hard-wired that way, and is it possible to have them switched?

Thanks

Ken

Hey, Ken. How'd you do your single-rail Maverick launcher? Is it a cut-down triple-rail?

Have they done ANG jets in "championship" schemes for other teams, even in other states? Or did the Mass. ANG do it because it's such a frickin miracle?

Hey Ken-

Great-looking Hogs you have there!  You sure have mastered the in-flight display.

Just a minor nit-pick that nobody at HQ would even notice:  on 644, the jamming pod and sidewinder rails should swap stations (DRA on 11, ALQ on 1).  And don't worry about the -119 not being a -184, they look pretty close, especially the long version.

Great work!

-Tom

Hey Tom,

Thanks! I was wondering about the stations, and did that one differently because of the Pats jets layout. Are they hard-wired that way, and is it possible to have them switched?

Thanks

Ken

Hey Ken-

To be honest, I don't know if they still are wired (my guess is yes). Back when they first got DRA's, they were carried on Sta. 1. It seems pretty standard these days, though, to have the jammer on 1 and the DRA on 2.

Looking forward to a NY Yankees scheme...

-Tom