Participants and GB entries

well after Pming with our noble lord 'mad mike' matchboxian yesterday....

;) :unsure: :)

the twin otter i have is gonna get the floats and the baggage nose.

and well the choice is yours oh fellow MMGBers [doesn't that sound like a MGB or

MTB that you didn't know was in your stash some where?].

i fancy something maybe, maybe never mind wiffy, wiffy off of the ZOTZ north

african roundels sheet. points awarded for the best suggestion.

AND WHAT DO POINTS MEAN?

t.

Well, after my first ebay purchases I'm now the proud owner of the following: Hs 126, Hawker Fury, Brewster Buffalo, a smashed Corsair and a Siskin is on it's way...

That Corsair - never send a kit unprotected in a jiffy bag! But, I got it cheap and that crack over the wing may be salvageable. Johnny Pilot never will see his legs again - did Douglas Bader ever fly Corsair?

Other than that I'm not sure of what my second kit in the GB will be. Any ideas or recommendations? Plenty of Buffaloes already and I want to do a Finnish one which I don't have any decals for yet. The Fury I have decals for (the Modeldecals sheet which also include a Siskin) but there's an excellent kit already built. I guess it will be the Henschel or the Siskin...

The Buffalo, Fury and Henschel all seem to be of Chinese origin with sometimes badly copied instructions and colour callouts in cantonese (?) so I may need some assistance there but the sprues look good and are in two-tone, although it doesn't match what the box claims! No stand in any of the kits. I guess chinese copies are OK? The Fury may however be original, it has the right colour sprue and is a bit different from the rest...

The Hong Kong manufactured Matchbox kits are fine.

During the 80's when Matchbox was taken over by Mattel, the manufacturing of Matchbox kits shifted to Hong Kong. So as far as we are concerned these are genuine Matchbox kits.

:thumbsup:

MikeJ

Just to let all Matchboxians know that we have 68 participants just one month into the build :worship:

Is this some kind of GB record?

:worship:

MikeJ

Edited by madmike
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Mike: Correct me if I an wrong but I believe that no one is doing a Cobra yet. I have a kit I was saving for a special scheme (tail rotor on Matchbox is on opposite side from the 1/72 Monogram kit representing early production IIRC) and am prepared to give it a try. I noticed you are posting stats, Is it too late to join?

:nanner:

Bruce

Edited by RCAFFAN

:D Lord Matchboxfordian! :D

add for me the _first_ boxing of the F-4K/M [without the ARI1228 RWR at top of fin] in the markings that

892 sqn used on board saratoga in 1969 or the special markings that they used for the 1969 transatlantic

air race that i think the Daily Mail newspaper sponsored. i have BOTH in my stash, btw. :D and it was

the year that i was born, i think. :D

hope all is well down under, mike. i is hopping mad at that pesky hacker and i bet you were too!

t.

Mike,

I Don't think I've officially entered my P-47 yet (despite having started a thread - oops, sorry).

She'll be in the 'Natural metal and drab with Invasion stripes' scheme (looks like a good masking exercise), finished with the Tamiya sprays I picked up at Telford. Do I need to confirm by PM as before?

Steve.

Hi Mike!

Glad to be on board with this GB- I have been having a terrible time completing and your OOB philosophy for this GB is exactly what I needed! :banana:

I'm in for:

A-4M "what if" Canadian Armed Forces

Noorduyn Norseman

And, if someone can help me out with a canopy glass, I will do my Lysander as well!

Cheers!

Andrew

Mike,

I Don't think I've officially entered my P-47 yet (despite having started a thread - oops, sorry).

She'll be in the 'Natural metal and drab with Invasion stripes' scheme (looks like a good masking exercise), finished with the Tamiya sprays I picked up at Telford. Do I need to confirm by PM as before?

Steve.

Steve

Just add it to the pinned GB entries list.

cheers, Thommo