Man this brings back alot of memories.......

Did anyone or planning to do the Focke Wulf A or the P-47 Thunderbolt?...I had those long long time ago....

And guys all them MB kits you guys have made look super............very nice indeed........

If I had the time I would want to join this build.......:)

Cheers

Brian

Hey Tim,

This FAA Lighting intrigues me, so this was gonna land on the Ark Royal right?

I'm only guessing about it being carrier bourne hence the swing wing but surely the Lightning has some of the weakest undercarriage and far from an ideal deck aircraft.

Please enlighten me.....

Doc

Hi!

Here it is some pics about my G-91Y currently in progress.

I complety rebuilt the cockpit and U/C baies with evergreen sheet. I changed the ejection seat by another one in white metal from Aeroclub.

All the panels lines are engraved. So this project isn't in this GB "spirit".

However, maybe I will join this GB, when this "Yankee" will be finish.

Olivier

27juing915dl.th.jpgphoto0225gn.th.jpgphoto0019fc.th.jpgphoto0062en.th.jpgphoto0072hv.th.jpg

The Matchbox Gnat.

This was a later edition, so it came with two sets of decals, the intention being, to lay on set on top of the other. Even so doing, they weren't quite opaque enough.

I used the Xtracolour Red Arrows Red on this model and, whilst spot-on, colour-wise, it took a whole fortnight to completely cure.

The Matchbox Alpha Jet...not the Prototype! This was, again, a later issue, with very, very translucent decals. I decided to paint the red, white and blue and only used the white (-ish) fuselage flashes, stencils and Squadron badges.

The end result was a colourful, if somewhat toy-like addition to my shelves.

This was a later edition, so it came with two sets of decals, the intention being, to lay on set on top of the other. Even so doing, they weren't quite opaque enough.

I used the Xtracolour Red Arrows Red on this model and, whilst spot-on, colour-wise, it took a whole fortnight to completely cure.

I used the Xrtacolour and had the same problem, but it is a very good match. As well as being translucent the decal sheet that came with mine was mis-printed - the tail flashes were not handed, so I painted one side and cut off the flag from the sheet.

Peebeep