Hi All,

Here's my Sea Harrier OOB bar Aeroclub seat (which rules it out I think) from last year.... decals spares from ESCI (Matchbox decals to go on that) and some plastic card flaps on the intakes.

More to come...

Still don't know what to do for the GB. Just started a Sherman Firefly for nostalgia reasons, better put it on hold...

Cheers,

Roy

Edited by roym

Here is a Fury I made in 1986. I converted it to a Persian radial engined version by using a modified cowl and engine from a Matchbox Gladiator. I painted the markings on clear decal film. This was my first conversion and the first time I really detailed a model.

Bill

Here is another angle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, My name Maciek, and I'am modeller from Warsaw in Poland.

I bild many Matchbox kits in my life.The last one is Bristol Beaufighter Mk.X:

3.jpg

Photos gallery:

http://www.modelarstwo.mdi.pl/Galerie/beau/beau.html

and Rockwell T2C Buckeye

1.jpg

Photos gallery:

http://www.modelarstwo.mdi.pl/Galerie/backeye/backeye.html

In this model I use resing sits from Pavla Models.

all my models photos you search in this localisation:

http://www.modelarstwo.mdi.pl/Galerie/Galerie72.html

Welcome to my web.

Edited by Mac Eyka

ładny Beaufighter. Od czasu do czasu chodze na tę polski forum i widziałem toje modele tam. Miło mi cię witać do ARC, czekamy na dalszę posty od ćiebie.

• 1 month later...

G'day people,

Here is my completed Matchbox (Revell boxing) Wellington. It represents a 455SQN RAAF aircraft serving with RAF Coastal Command in Bone, Algeria, 1943. The aircraft was fitted withan ASV centimetric radar thatw as used to detect and find surface running subs. Once found, the aircraft would close on the sub and use the "Leigh" light to illuminate the sub for a final attack. Although torpedoes and depth charges were typically used, the aircraft couls also be fitted with 80lb rockets.

The kit supplies the "Leigh" light fairing, but it is depicted retracted. I made the light from acrylic tube and plastic sheet (the 'light' is a carby air inlet from a 1/12 motorbike kit) and borrowwed the rockets from a 1/72 Beaufighter kit. I depicted the wheels retratced, and this is what took the longest, as the fit of the gear doors was poor.

I used the kit supplied decals and weathered using artist oils and pastels. The aerial is made from ezy-line rubber thread,

cheers,

Pappy

Wonderfull Wimpy, Pappy! I DO like these in-flight shots. Bring back stands!

Grant

Cheers Grant!

I have more pics but when I try to attach them I am told that I have breached my allowable size limit. How do I go about increasing my size limit? The pics are not huge (300kB) but I am only allowed 100kB. Do I have to change my settings or something?

Can you tell I am a coplete computer numpty!!

Pappy (PC challenged!)

Pappy

I recieved your email, but my email reply "bounced" so I will reply here for you.

Pappy

As it is a completed model it does not comply with the GB as you must enter the model and build it inside the GB time period. However, it is a great thing to share pics of your completed model. we are all Matchbox heads and love to see models such as the one you have posted.

100k+ pics must be hosted via Photobucket or personal webspace.

Stick around ARC as we have a most vibrant membership and group build ethos. There is an Airfix/Heller GB being considered sometime in the future.

:worship: and thanks

MikeJ

Cheers Grant!

I have more pics but when I try to attach them I am told that I have breached my allowable size limit. How do I go about increasing my size limit? The pics are not huge (300kB) but I am only allowed 100kB. Do I have to change my settings or something?

Can you tell I am a coplete computer numpty!!

Pappy (PC challenged!)

Pappy

I recieved your email, but my email reply "bounced" so I will reply here for you.

Pappy

As it is a completed model it does not comply with the GB as you must enter the model and build it inside the GB time period. However, it is a great thing to share pics of your completed model. we are all Matchbox heads and love to see models such as the one you have posted.

100k+ pics must be hosted via Photobucket or personal webspace.

Stick around ARC as we have a most vibrant membership and group build ethos. There is an Airfix/Heller GB being considered sometime in the future.

:worship: and thanks

MikeJ

Cheers Mike,

No probs, glad you liked the pic,

Pappy

• 1 month later...