Mwahaha, 1/48 Clunk.

Not quite on the bench yet but it's getting there. Should make a very nice addition to my Century flightline. It's not an up-scaled 1/72 kit either... at least not completely. Better cockpit detail, recessed panel lines. Dry-fitting showed a very good fit all around. Apparently, there's a Mk.4 as well -- short wings, small tailplane, gunpack, but no gunsight or spinner engine sprayers in the intakes.

Edited by Old72s

Hey I got that kit too! Shr does look good in the box and I was going to put her up for sale until my what-iffing bug reasserted itself and now she's going to be converted into a night trails interdictor ala B-57G :bandhead2:

-Damian

I built mine a couple of years ago. Fair (not bad for hobby craft) amount of putty required. Real soft details cockpit less then wonderful. However I tossed in a couple of 70-80s looking pilots and closed it up. Looks pretty darn nice. I did mine in the 414 EW style just before they went out of service.

Decals were a mix of Voodoo and starfighter with measurements from the Patrick Martin ref book.

Overall I like the way it turned out. Hope you enjoy your build, remember to add LOTS of nose weight. :bandhead2:

Is it me or are the 4 smaller Belgian roundels out of register?

OK, I'll go back to bed.

Nighty-night :thumbsup:

Jeff :thumbsup:

P.S. Looks a good model though, I'd like to see the end result.

Nice try but real modellers paint roundels ...

:thumbsup:

Stef

:thumbsup:

Speaking of Clunks... has anyone seen any photos on the net anywhere... or taken any photos of the one being restored at Dayton? I've heard it's been finished and on display but the AF Museum is so sloooooooow on updating their web-site... and then they don't even post but one teaser of a pic! :D