Clearer 1/32 A-7E pic

The spine still looks flat :huh:

Stephen

Funny - I don't see it. I can tell you this: like many other people, I saw the test shots at Atlanta, and that spine is not flat. I can't really speak to the wing anhedral, especially given the fact that the wings are folded and the pic is lo-rez. However, that should be easy enough to fix if it is true.

I'll agree that the nose does look too flat on the sides and top. It should be rounder at the hinge.

Also, the builder of the kit has the ejection seat headrest vertical, where the Escapac seat headrest was almost parallel to the parachute pack (backrest). This build has the seat looking like the seat from an Aero Albatross L-39 :blink: This is not a criticism of the kit, but maybe the builder (remember the Hasegawa RF-4E with the radome attached upsidedown. :wacko: ) Let's wait for the release of the kit to make a judgement.

Navy A-7s in the gull gray over white scheme and just before Desert Storm are equipped with a thermal (nuclear) flash blindness protection hood that can be detected by a black triangle in the lower rear corner of the canopy. See the attached picture. I think that Hasegawa has included this part in their A-7E kits. This hood was a multi-segmented white plastic affair that enclosed the pilot in a cocoon from the rear of the canopy to the front of the glareshield. It accidently deployed over the pilot's head during traps aboard the carriers on many occasions (I've witnessed it several times from vulture's row). Look at pictures of Creighton Henthorn's Hasegawa A-7s in the gallery to see the tale tell signs of the hood in kit form. :blink:

Regards, :wave:

Fester

Edited by Fester