Rafale kitbashing

Does anyone have any info regarding the Rafale BM, the cancelled naval twinseater version of the new French fighter? I was thinking I could combine the leftovers from a B and and an M which will be combined into a C, since the C is unavailable in kit form where I live (not so with the B and M, though). But other than it being cancelled in late 2004, I have no info whatsoever...

A related question is, do the C and B model Rafales in 1/72 or 1/48 have the correct centerline pylon setup? There should be two tandem-arranged pylons...

I'd really like to build a 1/72 "C.01" in the black prototype livery, to go with my black Typhoon (ZH588) and Gripen (Sigurd 02)....

SP

The idea was to take the bottom half of a "B", and the top of an "M", to make a "C" - and use the spare "B" top and "M" bottom to make a BM. I've got a brace of spare MICAs left over since my last attempt at the 1/72 Rafale M, and I thought it'd look pretty cool.

I was somewhat disappointed in the 1/72 Italeri Rafale, though - it's got raised panel lines and terrible fit problems around the intakes. I fixed mine pretty nicely - and managed to get it smashed up when I was packing up to move, so the kit itself is a loss. I'm happy i saved the ordnance, though....

SP

The Revell 1/48 kits have a single, long centerline pylon, which is used for tanks in the kits. It's the same in both the M and B kits.

You should be able to make the C by crosskitting the two kits.

I've done that as we speak :thumbsup:

Stephen