Academy F-15E to a D or even B

Twobob's fine F-15D/J sheet comments that Academy's "Beagle" kit is really more suited to a F-15D, and I'm mulling over purchasing the kit for that purpose (and those decals). Does this kit, however, contain the "D" cockpit parts, as I believe they are different than the strike bird?

And should I get a second F-15E from Academy to do a F-15B, for some ancient "Air Superiority Blue" decals I have? In other words, is the F-15D's cockpit significantly different? Should I wait, and try to track down an older "B" kit? I suppose I could section in parts from Monogram's old "C"... I have (I think) a decent resource on these very first F-15s, but I do not know what is in the Academy's "E" kit.

Thanks for any insights anyone might have on this.

I should have searched the forum before I asked: There's at least three discussions on this same topic previous to this! At this point there's an incredible wealth of stored, collective knowledge on ARC's forums.

Still, I'll have to hunt about for information on the "B" versus "D." I know the burner cans are an issue, particularly on 1970s Eagles. I also trust I'll have to get some Escapac Seats, probably from some monogram kits.