Guys,

No pc and major e-mail problems, but I've managed to get phots of one for you, the Fw190.

PK-51 from the original release and finished in Propagteam decals of Oblt A Faber - Gruppenstab III. Gruppe, 7 Staffel Jagdgeschwader 2. On the 23rd June, 1942, the a/c was landed by mistake at RAF Pembrey (lovely beach there these days) in South Wales, and tranfered to RAE Farnborough for testing.

Flying onto AFDU at Duxford on July 13th it survived until the 23rd January 1943 - it was the first Fw 190 tested in the UK.

I think it makes a change from the usual WWII suspects.

Guys,

No pc and major e-mail problems, but I've managed to get phots of one for you, the Fw190.

PK-51 from the original release and finished in Propagteam decals of Oblt A Faber - Gruppenstab III. Gruppe, 7 Staffel Jagdgeschwader 2. On the 23rd June, 1942, the a/c was landed by mistake at RAF Pembrey (lovely beach there these days) in South Wales, and tranfered to RAE Farnborough for testing.

Flying onto AFDU at Duxford on July 13th it survived until the 23rd January 1943 - it was the first Fw 190 tested in the UK. The ###### on the cowling are from the original scheme, photos show the RAE boys didn't paint it out.

After applying the first decals I realised they were too thin, and doubled the remainder with Fantasy Printshop Roundel Backing, it worked.

I think it makes a change from the usual WWII suspects.

The other are finished but there's no way I can add them by tonight.......time to move onto the next build sequence.

Ray

WoW. great job guys. This has been such fun and a trip down memory lane. Then on the last days comes Moes 109 - I remember chopping up a paintbrush to paint that camo years ago.

Well done everyone who took part, and well done Mike and Thommo for getting it off the ground!

cheers

Grant

This has been a really great GB !!! I have really enjoyed myself. I would like to thank the moderators for doing such a great job .... and all the participants for such great work !!!

Here's my "family photo" ...

jRatz_MatchBox_Family_7330.jpg

Of these, the Stranraer & Lysander were the best kits -- highly recommended.

The Hellcat falls in the middle -- some seam/gap issues but not near as many as the Hurricane & Spitfire ...

Tell me we're going to do another like this or of similar topic !!!!

Again, thanks all for a great six months !!!

John

Edited by jRatz