Excellent Jim - I love it. I've gone to 1/72 recently mostly to economise on display space. As you mention, the big dif I find relative to 1/48 is canopy masking/painting accuracy. I can get some real nice results in 1/48 but my 1/72 efforts are less spectacular (I use the strips of Tamiya masking tape approach in both scales).

Matchbox Corsair, built OOB all except the National Insignia which came from a seperate sheet. Kit was actually a joy to build no filling on the seams just a light sanding.

Handpainted with Xtracolor Gloss Sea Blue.

This is the first GB I have done since finding ARC. Need to work on taking better photos.

Mcorsair1.jpg

Mcorsair2.jpg

Mcorsair3.jpg

Julien

Julien

Did you nominate on the offical list for the GB?

Cannot find your nomination post anywhere

:wave:

MikeJ

I did post on the GB saying I would join, PM me if a problem or I have not done something as this is the first GB I have done.

Thanks

Julien

Finished the SBC-4. Not the easiest of Matchbox builds I suspect - getting the top wing to fit/line up was interesting & windshield needed hot water therapy to make it fit the fuselage gap, but I'm happy with the final result. Again, Pollyscale flat clear over the Futured AS-12 makes the BMF tones more realistic IMO. I added a little sludge wash to control surface hinge joints to add depth. Rigging is CAed stretched sprue.

Thommo

Are you taking on another Matchbox kit after this little ripper?

:cheers:

Johno

Johno

Don't think I'll have time for another - too much work on, then going away for Hols & am currently building another Korean War RAAF Mustang for the pilots son in Canberra which will take up most of Feb. Thinking of getting some Alclad to try out on this one.

How's Lori - better now I hope?

cheers Thommo

Fellow Matchboxians,

My journey towards the Dark Side is complete! :cheers: I present my contribution to the Matchbox Madness Group Build, kit Pk-38; Aerospatiale SA 365N Dauphin II. Despite the headaches that this presented, I've had a blast.

Cheers,

Alby

015.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

Big_pic_1.jpg

Big_pic_3.jpg

Big_pic_2.jpg

Edited by Alby Moore

Here is my Finished HS-125 in proposed RAAF Markings....

The windscreen and cabin windows have been filled with Testors clear cement (which has not totally dried) as the kit had no clear parts in it. The base is a piece of craft wood/MDF (sourced form local hardware store) painted and the model details printed onto card and glued on. The based was then spayed with future to seal it all.

Decals from the spares box.

Thanks also to Mike and Thommo for doing the hard yards in organising and running the GB. Great work fellas :thumbsup::cheers::thumbsup:

Now to drag the Wessex out of the stash and make a start on it :P

:cheers:

Ray

Edited by Aussie747