Nice work Merlin, your Thunderbolt looks great in the full invasion markings. I think this is the first occasion of both OOB schemes for one aircraft being represented in the build. Jugs fully covered by the UK boys; eat your heart out Eduard!

Both schemes are fairly anonymous though aren't they? I mean compared to the more usual personalised nose art, etc. I though about this during the build and came to the conclusion that a plainer aircraft was representative of all of the US airmen who flew and fought in Europe - Kind of a memorial to "the unknown pilot" if you see what I mean.

Did you paint around the Star and bar on the fuselage to avoid show through of the stripes? I didn't, and ended up using 3 layers; both sets of Matchbox decals and one borrowed from an Aeromaster P-51 sheet. Even then it's visible if you really look closely. Stupid thing is, I saw it coming and didn't do anything about it 'til too late. Should have cut out some underlays.

The Mirage and P-12 are on my E-bay list too, but the Mirage seems to go for silly money - about £8-9? I picked up the Tempest, F-5, FW-190 and P-40 for that the other day, worked out at £2 each (though the F-5 has no canopy - anyone know of aftermarket alternatives?).

Steve.

PS Saw your bulldog in the Airfix gallery (where I lurk occasionally) - very nice indeed.

Here we go, it is done!

I will take better pics of this little Matchie Scooter during the Xmas break as part of my build review. At least more shots from different angles anyway :taunt:

Here is a couple of pics...

scooter-built.jpg

scooter-built02.jpg

Hope you like it.

Next up, the Nordyne Norseman!

:stooges:

MikeJ

Just completed my T-2C; It was a nice build... I am only dissapointed that there was no recommendation for nose weight in the instructions... It'll be put on a base sometime in the near future... Also after unmasking the canopy, I noticed it was foggy and broken on one side... I mnaged to correct this with few dips into Future...

Here it is; I hope you like it!

7_G.jpg

8_G.jpg

9_G.jpg

10_G.jpg

Here is my Matchbox A-10 finished as the prototype YA-10. The kit went together pretty well. The tail end of the fuselage is a little warped which made the horizontal stablizers canted to one side. I also made some minor errors in decal placement. They were the dry-transfer type which doesn't allow changing position.

Here's my finished A-4N Skyhawk - PK-29, in Israeli Air Force colors. I used Humbrol 121, Polly British Interior Green (I think, the bottle of pale green looked good, but the bottle did not say what the color was), and MM Acryl Dark Tan. It's funny, but Dark Tan is the same color in the SEA camouflage, yet the Dark Tan on my SEA-painted A-7 looks lighter than the Dark Tan on my IDF/AF A-4, probably because the Dark Tan on the Israeli bird is the darkest color on the plane. I also used Duck Egg Blue on the underside. Alby, how accurate does the bird look?

12-01-06

Here's my Matchbox Wellington in Coastal Command colors!

Finally got to borrow a mates digital camera and here's the result. I lived this build and the kit went t gether beautifully, considering it's vintage.

Lovely to work on and looks the buisness. Wish someone had a resin bit for the nose....

12-01-06

Thanks Mike and Aussie747:

She'll be going onto a stand....soon as I finish the support. I have the base made, just a matter of sitting down and finishing it off. She'll be wheels up. Kinda like seeing them in their natural element.

Thanks again for the kind words. There's a Halifax in the works to become a sister ship for the Wellie, also to be finished in Coastal Command colors, but as I have joined hte F-15 G/B, I might not get her finished in time.

Liam