Wow! What a great set on models on display from this GB. Well done everyone. And well done Mike and Thommo for kicking it off. Ah the nostalgia of it all.

So here is my entry. After a few really stupid errors here is my rendition of the Matchbox Wessex. It is my first paint job with a fine tip on my Badger 350, and boy did it make things easier and (if I do say so myself) better.

Revel paints used, as per instructions. Alclad II Aluminium and Jet Exhaust on the engine exhausts and for the first time my daughter lent a hand and supplied some hair for use as the aerials down the fuselage. There are more overall pictures on the progress thread, but here is the proof of completion shot for this thread.

A very enjoyable GB. Thanks everyone.

Grant

Here's my Stranraer, finally finished. Seeing as this is a nostalgia GB (of sorts) I tried to build it as I would have done when I was 14 (or at least as far as I can remember). So OOB, brush painted, no masking tape, and miss off all the fiddly bits. I also managed to get glue on the windows which was one 14yo trait I wasn't trying to recreate.

Good GB this ! RN Phantom FG1 next.

Stuart.

I declare my Wellesley as completed. Mattcoat still missing, will be added in following months or years :thumbsup:

I really enjoyed this build and I like the finished model. Wellesley is definitelly weird plane...

wgloss1.JPG

wgloss2.JPG

wgloss3.JPG

Love the Piston Provost Tim. Gosh that takes me back. Seeing all these kits again reminds me just how many of they I did actually make way back then. Well done for getting through so many.

In fact I think I still have 3 on display - a Canberra, a Phantom and a 2 seat Hunter. I had forgotten they were matchbox kits!

And that Wellesley is definitely too shiny :D

cheers

Grant

Here is my fictional TU-97 Bamford :D

I normally dont do what if builds but see my post

clicky

for an explenation/excuse

post-5471-1138505028.jpg

post-5471-1138505519.jpg

frustrating build, but fun results. I was going to do my matchbox Halifax for this GB but I'll be detailing that one (and being more serious with it) so it'll have to wait for the heavies GB

Edited by RKic
<_<

That's.....that's.....that's an Airfix Stand!!!

:)

:cheers: and well done!

MikeJ

indeed it is :) and I have plenty more where that came from

I guess thats against GB rules, but I didn't have a matchbox stand

Here's the first pic of my completed entry, the venerable 1/72 Matchbox Boeing P-12E/F-4B painted up in a speculative Naval wargames camo scheme. The decals are from Eagle Strike and the tailstripes are hand painted. I scratched the tailhook from a paperclip and the entire model is brushpainted.

Bri2k

Edited by Bri2k

Here's the third pic. I was so happy to find this old kit in a box in my basement last summer. I'd built it years ago but it had been broken up into pieces during a move just like all the other kits in the box. I think I lost a few little bits (like the underwing bombs and the struts between the ailerons). It felt good to rebuild it and try to do it a little justice.

Bri2k

Edited by Bri2k